1.    #1  
    I was just reading how 750 users just figured out how to enable HSDPA and I'm a little jealous. Not because I think the 680 can do this (I know it is EDGE only) but there doesn't seem to be much of anything interesting going on with the 680 right now. I though that someone would have figured out the LED thing by this time but I guess firmware is the only hope. Any new developments with tweaking this thing at all? That is half the fun for me. I've actually thought about going back to a 650 so I can get my LED back, try the new short anttenna, and hack it for the 4-8gb SD.
    so...what else do you want it to do? Wash your windows?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I had my green LED blinking some time last week for several hours. I don't know what exactly did it--but it was blinking.
    Get this! I made mine play music..over the speakerphone at that!
  5.    #5  
    Point taken, Fkjr2. My 680 does tons of cool stuff, the newest of which I've had success with is streaming photos, music, and docs with Orb. I just lke to seek out new gadgets/software/uses for it...
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    OK, so I've had my 650 for 2 years and it works PERFECTLY. But I was tempted by the 680. So, I bought a crimson 680 and it is gorgeous!
    I figured I could always send it back, but now, since it is working so well, I'm afraid the next one won't be as good.
    I'm sure if I do have a battery issue, it will be resolved. The one thing I really don't care for is the SD card cover. I think it could easily be torn off.
    I guess the only way around that is to get a 4 gig card and never have to change it.
    Crap, I never should have bought it. Especially since it will be living in a Vaja case and the color wont show much anyways.!!!!!
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    Point taken, Fkjr2. My 680 does tons of cool stuff, the newest of which I've had success with is streaming photos, music, and docs with Orb. I just lke to seek out new gadgets/software/uses for it...

yes! I love it over the other palm treo's the best (for now)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffcirc View Post
    I was just reading how 750 users just figured out how to enable HSDPA and I'm a little jealous.
    You will never be able to do this with the 680. Why be jealous, write up this post etc, when you can actually have this which you long for? Get the 750 and spend time configuring it instead (believe me, you'll be doing it for days on end)
    Last edited by g-funkster; 01/15/2007 at 06:50 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  9.    #9  
    I'd rather have the slower internet as opposed to having a windows mobile device. Just don't like it. If I ever did go WM5, it would be for one of the ETen devices that have both Wifi and built in GPS. They are a little pricey right now though.
    I have noticed the difference between the 650's release and the 680's. Back when the 650 was released, it's problems were so abundant that there was never a lack of threads to read or tweaks to apply. With the 680, other than the battery problem and random individual units malfunctioning, it's pretty stable. Now, there are very few new threads that aren't redundant. Hence, there are at least two "I'm bored" threads right now.

I can't figure out if you guys are happier when the Treo is stable and working to it's fullest potential or when it's imploding with bugs so you can fiddle with it for hours on end...