Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great program, but I had a hard time reading your website. The Navy blue background and the black text make it almost impossible to read! Maybe change the text to white so you can make it easier to read
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Ok thanks
    Now for hopefully my last question.
    I am noticing that when I miss a call my TREO resets itself, and then locks up upon trying to log back onto the network.

What to do?

I have now found that it only seem s to happen when the TREO is in its cradle charging.
    So recap:
    1. If I get a call while in the cradle the phone resets itself instead of sending a SMS.
    If I leave it in the cradle it locks up upon trying to log onto the network.
    2. SMS will not send if I leave phone in the cradle, but all works (or seems to for now) when the phone is out of the cradle.

Still think this is a nice little app.
    Thanks
    To answer your first question (lock-up), ONCE your phone is locked-up, you need to UnInstall TreoProc (via Home->Menu->Delete), reinstall and reconfigure. (your Treo will keep locking-up again and again!) This is a safety precaution... You could alternatively delete the TreoProc preferences and reconfigure, if you know what you are doing.

Regarding, the cradle problem, thanks for identifying a bug, that, I will fix in a subsequent release.

- mvk

PS: which Treo do you have? 600, 650, 680, 700p? ROW, CNG, ENA?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
    Great program, but I had a hard time reading your website. The Navy blue background and the black text make it almost impossible to read! Maybe change the text to white so you can make it easier to read
    Oops... I thought I fixed that. But in the meanwhile, please see:

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc_User_Manual.html

(In case you find this URL too has the dark background problem, please report back).

You could also download:
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc.zip and view the included html user manual.

Thanks for pointing it out.

- mvk
    TreoProc: Does it work with Treo 650 CDMA?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    TreoProc: Does it work with Treo 650 CDMA?
    In its current form, no.

The SIM change functionality obviously does not apply to CDMA Treos.

However, I could get the SMS on Missed and Ignored calls to work.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    To answer your first question (lock-up), ONCE your phone is locked-up, you need to UnInstall TreoProc (via Home->Menu->Delete), reinstall and reconfigure. (your Treo will keep locking-up again and again!) This is a safety precaution... You could alternatively delete the TreoProc preferences and reconfigure, if you know what you are doing.

Regarding, the cradle problem, thanks for identifying a bug, that, I will fix in a subsequent release.

- mvk

PS: which Treo do you have? 600, 650, 680, 700p? ROW, CNG, ENA?
    Sorry for delay been away:
    I have a unlocked, unbranded, updated firmware to the most recent version, 650 GSM unit
    Also I un-installed and reinstalled, but that did not address the issue that I described earlier.
    I was advising that when in the cradle and the phone resets (by itself) if locks up.
    Only removing it from the cradle and soft reseting out of the cradle will the phone cycle on vs lockup.

Also I have notice that often when I receive a call my phone I dont either miss the call ignore the call the TREO soft resets itself without sending the SMS.
    This is maybe 6 out of 10 times.
    I will need to disable this until I can correct it.
    For reasons that I am sure you can understand why I am sure.
    Since installing my phone as reset itself 5 times on 2/2/07 according to my Crash log all due to Soft resets, and once due to Nexter 2.0.
    2/2/07 2 due to TreoProc 1.4
    1/31/07 seven times: 3 soft resets, 3 due to TreoProc 1.4, once for TreoHour 1.5, ( I un-installed today to try to gain clarity as to what is reseting my TREO).
    1/30/07 10 soft resets, 3 TreoProc 1.4, 1 Treo Hour 1.5, 1 Phone, 1 CallRec 4.0.
    Now I did not have half this many resets before installing TreoProc, and or TreoHour.

Please understand I like the concept and I am willing to test or be a part of a solution to the above.
    Keep up the good work and PLEASE keep me advised.
    Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 02/02/2007 at 10:02 AM.
    JW
  7.    #27  
    I was advising that when int he cradle and the phone resets (by itself) if locks up.
    Only removing it from the cradle and soft reseting out of the cradle will the phone cycle on vs lockup.

Also I have notice that often when I receive a call my phone I dont either miss the call ignore the call the TREO soft resets itself without sending the SMS.
    This is maybe 6 out of 10 times.
    I will need to disable this until I can correct it.
    For reasons that I am sure you can understand why I am sure.
    Since installing my phone as reset itself 5 x on 2/2/07 according to my Crash log all due to Soft resets, once due to Nexter 2.0.
    2/2/07 2 due to TreoProc 1.4
    1/31/07 seven times 3 soft resets 3 due to TreoProc 1.4, once for TreoHour 1.5 ( I un-installed today to try to gain clarity as to what is reseting my TREO).
    1/30/07 10 soft resets, 3 TreoProc 1.4, 1 Treo Hour 1.5, 1 Phone, 1 CallRec 4.0.
    Now I did not have half this many resets before installing TreoProc, and or TreoHour.

Please understand I like the concept and I am willing to test or be a part of a solution to the above.
    Thanks for testing TreoProc (and TreoHour) and I look forward to putting an end to all this testing!

To put things in perspective:
    - During TreoHour development (v1.4), I set the alarm interval to 30 seconds (yes!) and let it run like that for TWO DAYS (in the meanwhile, things were happening on the device as they normally would). Much to my amazement I did not have a single reset during that time (and since then) that can be attributed to TreoHour.

- TreoProc has never reset my phone since version 1.1 or so. (that's amazing too...) In fact today I was trying to get Treo to reset by making calls while it was on the Cradle and charging. (no resets...)

However, I have noticed that TreoHour does not activate when Call Block is installed. So finally I do have something to investigate.

Though this may not be so, please remember that some other software may be messing-up and when TreoProc (or TreoHour) tries to launch, it may reset the device.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Well this might be very true in respect to other software.
    But I have called my TREO and observed when I miss or ignore a call I see for the split second the SMS message that it is generating a SMS but then the TREO resets.
    Nothing else is happening it he background as far as me working with another app.

I have just copied what Crash is logging...

Thanks
    JW
  9.    #29  
    I have just copied what Crash is logging...
    Just so that I can duplicate your environment (other than the fact that my phone is CNG), could you list the applications installed on your device?

A PM would also do in case you do not want to list them in this forum.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Ok its coming.
    Need to log onto my MAC to generate a accurate list.
    JW
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Here is the list of app on my TREO 650:
    BackUpMan: Backup with automatic options
    BDicty: Dictionary
    CallRec: Record a call
    Cleanup: remove orphan files
    CrashPro: Auto reset and logging app via a crash
    Docs To Go: Word Doc for MS Word, Excel, files
    Dimmer: set personal light option app
    Fonts4OS5: changes fonts
    FontSmoother: smooths and also changes fonts
    Graffiti Anywhere: allows one to graffiti write
    HBX: hard button launcher
    Hi-Launcher: launcher like the start part in windows
    Invisible: hide apps
    Keyboard: Palm's keyboard driver
    Lightspeed: NOT ENABLED... Over/Under clocking app
    MPlanner: NOT ON CARD... Monthly view of calendar
    MiD: Dictionary
    mobileCLOCK: Clock with stop watch, multi alarm features
    mobileLAUNCH: hard button launcher
    mRing: Ringtone app
    Navigator: TOM TOM
    PXA Clocker Pro: Over/Under app
    Radio Control: When TREO resets this app makes sure the phone is turned on
    Soft Reset: as stated it offers one to soft reset instead of removing the battery cover
    Speedy: tests the speed of the unit
    Spellcheck: checks spelling
    TextPlus: offers words as letters are entered
    UnInstall Manager: records installs so that one can uninstall apps
    User Name: Change user ID
    VeriChat: AOL, ICQ, etc. chat app
    Voice Dialing: Palm app voice dials or opens apps
    Volume Care Basic: volume control app
    Volume Care Pro: same as above
    ZLauncher: NOT ENABLED .prc ON CARD launcher plus.

Let me know what is next.

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 02/02/2007 at 11:54 AM.
    JW
  12.    #32  
    In the meanwhile you can try v1.4b5
    (has some minor bug-fixes)

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #33  
    Here is the list of app on my TREO 650:

Let me know what is next.
    Wow! you do have some "heavy" apps installed. Other than CallRec I have none that are on your list!

I will take me some time to figure this out.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Do you want me to define what each does next to?

Already have!
    Last edited by n0m0n; 02/02/2007 at 11:55 AM.
    JW
  15.    #35  
    hey... I have come across the apps sometime or the other, so that won't be necessary. But I do need to install them (at least the suspects) and check TreoProc...
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    New version still locking up when in cradle and soft reset.
    Its not Radio Control which would have been my bet,since it turns on the radio upon soft reset.
    I deactivated it placed my TREO back into the cradle and soft reset my unit.
    It froze a the Treo radio splash screen (Says TREO and has a pic of the TREO with a yellow line across the screen).
    Turned of PXA CLocker no change.

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 02/02/2007 at 12:47 PM.
    JW
  17.    #37  
    New version still locking up when in cradle and soft reset.
    Its not Radio Control which would have been my bet,since it turns on the radio upon soft reset.
    I deactivated it placed my TREO back into the cradle and soft reset my unit.
    It froze a the Treo radio splash screen (Says TREO and has a pic of the TREO with a yellow line across the screen).

Thanks
    The TreoProc flow after a reset is very simple:

- IF TreoProc is enabled ("Enable TreoProc" at the top corner),
    -- IF phone NOT already powered-on
    --- THEN power-on phone

(also IF TreoProc is NOT enabled, Don't do anything)

That is quiet a standard code (that I got off the web).

I need to really understand what is going on...

- mvk

PS: I think you should delete TreoProc (from the Home->Menu->Delete window, OR use a good uninstaller that will get rid of TreoProc and its preferences etc.) and try again. Corrupted preferences could be a possible reason for this bizarre behaviour.

PPS: Another user has also reported resets when used with RadioControl. (He was generous enough to also mention that RadioControl also caused similar resets when used with another utility (not TreoProc), though it (RadioControl) works just great by itself).

PPPS: I'd bet on corrupted preferences... though its been quiet a while since I've won a bet.

-
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/02/2007 at 01:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    The TreoProc flow after a reset is very simple:

- IF TreoProc is enabled ("Enable TreoProc" at the top corner),
    -- IF phone NOT already powered-on
    --- THEN power-on phone

(also IF TreoProc is NOT enabled, Don't do anything)

That is quiet a standard code (that I got off the web).

I need to really understand what is going on...

- mvk

PS: I think you should delete TreoProc (from the Home->Menu->Delete window, OR use a good uninstaller that will get rid of TreoProc and its preferences etc.) and try again. Corrupted preferences could be a possible reason for this bizarre behaviour.

PPS: Another user has also reported resets when used with RadioControl. (He was generous enough to also mention that RadioControl also caused similar resets when used with another utility (not TreoProc), though it (RadioControl) works just great by itself).

PPPS: I'd bet on corrupted preferences... though its been quiet a while since I've won a bet.

-
    Ok I deleted version 1.4.1 via home apps delete (built in delete app)
    Installed 1.4.5 and soft reset with Radio Control enabled and with it disabled.
    Same outcome
    Must be something else.
    I HATE to hard reset and have to start all over but if I get more time and will then well see.
    Thanks
    JW
  19.    #39  
    nOmOn, please see your PM.
  20.    #40  
    One more test, if you have the patience for this:

1) Uninstall RadioControl

2) Uninstall TreoProc

3) Reinstall TreoProc

4) Reconfigure TreoProc as required

5) Exit from TreoProc Window (press "Done")

6) DISABLE TreoProc

7) Exit from TreoProc Window (press "Done")

8) Reset on-cradle and off-cradle and give me feedback.

- mvk

PS: You can later try with TreoHelper and/ or RadioControl
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast