1.    #1  
    I asked this before, but it went unnoticed...

Remember that scene in BTTF II where Marty McFly is talking to his boss Needles on the videophone?

The phone is displaying his stats, like address, age, favorite food, etc.

I want the same thing so that when John Smith calls me, the Treo pulls his Contacts information and displays it while on the call.

I'd gladly pay to see this developed.

-Nick.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I will second this request
    Just make sure it doesn't flash "You're Fired" and start sending you faxes when your boss decides to fire you!
    <br>
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    Just make sure it doesn't flash "You're Fired" and start sending you faxes when your boss decides to fire you!
    Well then, I'll simply load Delorean.prc and make sure that I don't drag race him later (or is that earlier?) in time.

But seriously, someone please develop this utility!!!
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    This would be GREAT!
    BUMP
    I can think of one not-very-pretty way to do this. First, create html pages for all of your contacts and put them on the card; then use SharkLinks to create app shortcuts for each of those html contacts files; then create 2dial profiles for each of those contacts with a single button that would point to the desired SharkLinks shortcut. Have 2dial launch automatically when the contact called or when you called the contact and then press the button with the link to the Sharklinks app which will then pull up the html page.

Honestly, I don't even know if it would work. In theory, it should, but it would be way too much work unless you just had a few contacts.
    Not that Id ever suggest you cross post but have you tried to put this idea up in the developers forum? Id love somthing like this too.

So yeah I guess in essence this is a me2 post.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I was going to suggest it in the shsh.com forum but I think I've run out of my alotment of suggestions.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I need something like this too. I'd just be happy if the company & title of the person came up. Ideally though, the "notes" section of the contact could be displayed as well.

That way I could put the quotes I've given clients in the notes section, so I can know not only who they are, but how much to charge them for the job - all before I answered the phone.
    Guys, how did you all know that I was working on something like this?

(proto is already working... yes!)

Must be the zeitgeist.

Would you guys buy software to do this (though everybody loves freeware)? What kind of features would you want?

- mvk

Quote Originally Posted by fly888 View Post
    Ideally though, the "notes" section of the contact could be displayed as well.
    That is exactly the software I'm working on does.
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/13/2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Added quote
    It's a great idea. In my Contacts, I list my contact's kids' and spouse's names. It would be great for these to show up on the screen when I get a call from that contact.
    What would be nice also is to have some option buttons that would take you to the notes, or personal info, or call history or good stuff like that!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Guys, how did you all know that I was working on something like this?

(proto is already working... yes!)

Must be the zeitgeist.

Would you guys buy software to do this (though everybody loves freeware)? What kind of features would you want?

- mvk

That is exactly the software I'm working on does.
    I would pay for it. I would also be a beta tester if you need any.

If possible, it would be nice to give the user the option to define which contacts fields to display (including the notes field and picture) and then the option to open up the contact itself. It should also have the standard "in call" options (hang up, speakerphone, mute, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    What would be nice also is to have some option buttons that would take you to the notes, or personal info, or call history or good stuff like that!
    Ooh, call history for that contact, or a link to it, would be very nice.
    Any software of this type cannot have too many "heavy" features:

• It must be fast so that normal call processing by the Treo can happen without delay.

• It should not block the Treo-native call (in/out) dialog.

• There is a severe space restriction on the (Treo) dialog and anything displayed should not block already displayed text and buttons including any user input.

• This is an application that should NEVER crash! It does ALL its work when on a call.

While I digest some of the suggestions already given, I'm open to any further suggestions...

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/13/2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Could it possibly work similarly to the 2dial app in that it pops up over the in-call screen after a call is placed/received and the user can toggle between this app and the in-call screen? That way would seem to provide more room because you wouldn't have to include the normal in-call options.
    Please see:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137190

TreoStar v1.0b1 beta release