1.    #1  
    This is puzzling me. Last night my Treo's battery started draining mysteriously. After about 12 hours or so it was down to 50%. And I have the seidio extended battery, which can usually go 2 days. It's been off the charger since 10 am today & it's already down to 76%. I've only had one short phone call, no data usage, beam & bluetooth are both off, no auto-checking of email, etc- there is absolutely no reason it should be draining it like this. The only thing that's different than a few days ago is that I installed mRing last night. I don't see what this would have to do with battery life though.

Any ideas?
    Try uninstalling mRing and see if the problem goes away. . . . . .

Sometimes software corruption can cause battery drain to start. To test:
    Hot sync to back up.
    Hard reset.
    Battery drain still there?
    Yes = Hardware issue.
    No = software issue . . . .procede with a clean install.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...27&postcount=6

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Actually I think it was my charger. I tried a dfferent one & it charged right up & has held a 99% charge since 1 now.
    I've had a couple of times where the data lights are lit up like I'm online even though I'm not doing anything and the battery would drain like crazy (like 10% an hour). I would have to reset the phone to make it stop and then it would be fine.
  5.    #5  
    You have a data light?
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    You have a data light?
    No, I'm talking about the little arrows on the display (blue on EVDO and green on 1x) above the reception indicator.
  7.    #7  
    Ohhh... you said data light & I thought maybe you had something I didn't, lol...
    One thing I've noticed with both my 600 and 700p is to always return it to the phone app, a PIM screen (cal, memo, todo, contact), or the app home screen before turning it off for the night. Many 3rd party apps don't play nicely with backup software or the phone calling home every night. On my 600, if I left Blazer open, I'd often wake up to a frozen phone and drained battery. This happened on my 700P when I left bejewled open too. But if I shut down from a simple palm app, all is well.
  9.    #9  
    It seems like everytime I use bluetooth, even after I turn it off, the battery drains like crazy. I have to reset & charge it for a bit to get it to act normal again.
    Did you try going back to the original battery to see if the rate of discharge slows? The problem could be the battery.
  11.    #11  
    I'd have to find it first, heh. It seems normal though unless I use BT, that's why I dont think it's the battery. But it could be, I will try my old batt tomorrow & see. I'd hate to have to shell out fr another extended battery, ugh. But if I do, I'm getting that huge super-uber-extended one.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I'd have to find it first, heh. It seems normal though unless I use BT, that's why I dont think it's the battery. But it could be, I will try my old batt tomorrow & see. I'd hate to have to shell out fr another extended battery, ugh. But if I do, I'm getting that huge super-uber-extended one.
    You mean the 3200 mAh car battery?

I'm on the phone 30 seconds after the bonus check comes in. . . . .