1.    #1  
    I made ringtones i have them in the Sd card and the Treo 680 Hardware, how do I move them to the others Ringtones, so i can use them. Getting a headache trying to find out how.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Are they MP3's? You didn't specify what type of ringtones.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, they are MP3
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Hey you stole my thunder! MiniTones is awesome, does exactly what you are wanting, and is free! It also allows you to trim the mp3 to a smaller size.
    The Treo 680 (any Treo?) doesn't support mp3 files as ringtones. You need midi wav files. Or a third-party app that allows you to use them.
    yes, free minitones ROCKS! works very well, small app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    The Treo 680 (any Treo?) doesn't support mp3 files as ringtones. You need midi wav files. Or a third-party app that allows you to use them.

Minitones does allow you to use MP3's as source for ringtone creation and is tested on the 680.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Well, whatever MiniTones does, it allows you to start with an MP3 and turn it into a file that the Treo (680 in my case) can use for ringtones or alarms or anything else a sound file can be used for. It definitely does not turn it into a MIDI file, it sounds exactly like an MP3. You should try it before making such a broad statement!
    Just gave this app a try, pretty cool

Thanks

EDIT: Too bad I don't put my 680 on ring, always on vibrate.
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 01/15/2007 at 12:02 AM.
    yeah minitones is great.
    you open the app and it asks which mp3 you want to load. you then select it and it asks if you want to load as ringtone or trim it down first. you can trim it to use a specific section of the song. much easier than using the pc to make a ringtone! takes 2 seconds. then you click ok and select it as the ringtone from your phone preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    Well, whatever MiniTones does, it allows you to start with an MP3 and turn it into a file that the Treo (680 in my case) can use for ringtones or alarms or anything else a sound file can be used for. It definitely does not turn it into a MIDI file, it sounds exactly like an MP3. You should try it before making such a broad statement!
    I'll say it again: The Treo 680 does not support using mp3s as ringtones.

MiniTones is a third-party app that makes it possible. If you can get your 680 to use an mp3 as a ringer without a third-party add on, please do tell.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'll say it again: The Treo 680 does not support using mp3s as ringtones.

MiniTones is a third-party app that makes it possible. If you can get your 680 to use an mp3 as a ringer without a third-party add on, please do tell.
    Did you even read what you replied to??
    The issue here is not whether or not the Treo can use MP3's as ringtones, it is how can we use MP3's as ringtones. MiniTones allows you to take an MP3 and turn it into a file that can be used as a ringtone. Whatever kind of file MiniTunes turnes that MP3 into is irrelevant, because it allows you to use what was an MP3 as a ringtone. And it sounds just like it did as an MP3! Again, whether or not that end result file is an MP3 or not is irrelevant, because that sound file still sounds just like the original MP3. Are you keeping up here?! You're getting all wrapped up in semantics here and the person asking the original question just wanted a solution, not a pissing match.
    Oh, and you are right, the Treo cannot natively use an MP3 as a ringtone, but then that's not the issue here.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    the Treo cannot natively use an MP3 as a ringtone, but then that's not the issue here.
    I thought that was. Did you read my first post? ".....Or a third-party app that allows you to use them." C'mon now Sparky, keep up!
  14.    #15  
    khaytsus, thanks that was the perfect solution.
    I thought that was.

Well, it wasn't!!!