Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    comedytreogirl,

Since you use ZL, either create a new tab, move the SD copy of BackupMan icon there (Change category to that tab), and then use the "hide tab" feature of ZL, or just change the category of the SD copy to an existing obscure tab. I have a ZL category/tab that I call "2nd." It's where I categorize native apps that I don't use like Calendar, Memos, Tasks, Contacts, ZLauncher, and RBackup (because I also use Resco Backup exclusively).

With the copy of BackupMan or Resco Backup in the Launcher folder on your SD card, when you complete a hard reset and initial configuration, just pop the SD card out and back in again and your palm launcher will automatically go to the launcher folder view and show BackupMan/Resco Backup app.

Hope this helps!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    comedytreogirl,

Since you use ZL, either create a new tab, move the SD copy of BackupMan icon there (Change category to that tab), and then use the "hide tab" feature of ZL, or just change the category of the SD copy to an existing obscure tab. I have a ZL category/tab that I call "2nd." It's where I categorize native apps that I don't use like Calendar, Memos, Tasks, Contacts, ZLauncher, and RBackup (because I also use Resco Backup exclusively).

With the copy of BackupMan or Resco Backup in the Launcher folder on your SD card, when you complete a hard reset and initial configuration, just pop the SD card out and back in again and your palm launcher will automatically go to the launcher folder view and show BackupMan/Resco Backup app.

Hope this helps!
    thanks im going to try this will report back
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Backupman is the easiest of all of them to use. It would be much simpler to erase it from the card completely, load the prc into the Treo and let it handle everything else.It will copy itself onto the card (I think it asks you first, but you just say yes) in the right place, and you're all set after that. You just tried to do much much more than you had to. There will be a copy and icon on both places. Don't sweat it. Once it starts operating you can highlight a restore copy, and look through it and you'll see every file and have the choice to restore individual files (a very useful function) or restore the whole machine from a particular backup.
    Resco Backup does the same thing at install and every time you update to new release - it reminds you to overwrite the SD card copy. I own and used BackupMan for a couple of years before I switched to Resco Backup, which is just as easy to use and in my opinion a better choice, but since comedytreogirl already has BackupMan I would not suggest replacing it with Resco Backup (unless money is plentiful ), although at $14.95 and sometimes on sale for less, it's a bargain.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    The only reason I switched from BackupManager to Resco Backup is because it does not restore all of the important files; java files are not restored and the developer has no intention of implementing it.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Backupman is the easiest of all of them to use. It would be much simpler to erase it from the card completely, load the prc into the Treo and let it handle everything else.It will copy itself onto the card (I think it asks you first, but you just say yes) in the right place, and you're all set after that. You just tried to do much much more than you had to. There will be a copy and icon on both places. Don't sweat it. Once it starts operating you can highlight a restore copy, and look through it and you'll see every file and have the choice to restore individual files (a very useful function) or restore the whole machine from a particular backup.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12