1.    #1  
    My 700p recently started having trouble charging. When plugged into the AC adapter, it makes the sound that it always used to make when plugged in, and the lightening bolt symbol shows up. However, the battery (and I've tried several) will not charge. The red LED lights but never turns green.

When I plug the Treo into the USB sync / charge cable attached to my computer the battery does charge.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
    It made a sound while charging???
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTek View Post
    It made a sound while charging???
    Just the quick two tones when it's first plugged in.
    Sounds like it could be the charger itself. Take it to the Sprint store and they will probably give you a new one.
    The sync cable will charge off the PC without the charger connected. Check your charger with a volt meter. Should be putting out 5.2 (approx) volts. Also check the connectors on the phone and the charger to make sure they are clean and not damaged. Chances are it's the charger itself but it could be the Treo's problem too.
    I'm having a similar problem with my Verizon 700p. I noticed something was going on yesterday when my battery was almost dead only a few hours into the day. When I got back to my desk I plugged it into my spare AC charger, everything looked normal, but a few hours later the charge had only risen to 19%. An hour after that it was 21%. About 30 minutes after that I noticed that the light was green, it was indicating 100% charge. I thought that was odd, but I unplugged it. The battery meter immediately dropped, it said something like 45%. I plugged it back in, the red light came back on and it said 36% and charging. Sheesh. I went back and forth with this, once the light turned green I would unplug it and plug it back in. I did it several times and got the charge up to 75% (after unplugging, before unplugging it would always say 100%).

Then I unplugged it and took it to my bedroom charger to charge overnight. When I plugged it in the charge dropped from 75% down to 36% again. This morning it claimed to have 100% charge again, but unplugging it dropped it back down into the 40% range.

I don't know if its the battery or the phone, but something is definitely wrong. I don't think its the charger, because I've tried a couple different ones and have gotten the same results.

The phone also sometimes does a little "tweedle-dee" - "tweedle-doo" while it is plugged into the charger for no reason at all. Its the sound that it has been unplugged, and then a few seconds later plugged back in again. The thing is sitting there, unmoving, so I don't know why it thinks it has been unplugged and plugged back in again.
  7.    #7  
    Problem solved. I didnt' think it was a charger problem, but I did find acharger that I discovered I had from an older 650 and now I'm getting full charges all the time.
    I am having the same problem as Martinreu. I had my 700p replaced on warranty with a refurb, and ever since, I have been having charging problems. It almost always charges properly off the data cable, but when using either the 12v or 110v charger, I have to play with the plug into the 700p to get the orange light, and often the meter just stays at empty even though it indicates it is charging. I got a new 12v charger and an additional battery just to keep enough life in the battery to make the phone usable. It seems to be even worse when swapping batteries out. This is drivin me crazy! Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    Then I unplugged it and took it to my bedroom charger to charge overnight. When I plugged it in the charge dropped from 75% down to 36% again. This morning it claimed to have 100% charge again, but unplugging it dropped it back down into the 40% range...

The phone also sometimes does a little "tweedle-dee" - "tweedle-doo" while it is plugged into the charger for no reason at all. Its the sound that it has been unplugged, and then a few seconds later plugged back in again.
    Cool Cat, you might as well have written my post. My Treo 700p is doing exactly that... so annoying to try and wiggle it to get the perfect angle/charge. In my case I think it's the phone, as the charger does perfect with my fiance's Treo. About to use that insurance I've been paying for!
    Last edited by NinjaBanggai; 04/02/2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: broken code
    I've got a similar problem, except my treo will not charge if the red light comes on it only slowly charges when the red light is off. If the red light is on it actually causes the charge to dissipate much faster. In my case it's not the charger since my wifes 700p charges fine. It's also not the battery cuz it charges fine on my wifes phone. I'm guessing there's some contact issue, which one of these days when I have time I'll have to take it to the sprint store to get fixed. I have not tried usb cable to see what happens there.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    I have had similar issues, and typically it seems like it's because of my aftermarket cradle. I will get the sound and red light, but if it's not seated properly in the cradle it won't charge. Re-seating it firmly will usually straighten things out..if not a quick reset.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Well I took my phone to the sprint store (since I pay for the insurance).
    They first gave me a new battery and a power adapter to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Turns out that it's a hardware issue, apparantly the power connectors loose, so they will be replacing it with a 755p. Of course now I have to transfer everything from an SD card to a MiniSD. But hell I get the '"latest" Treo for free. I must say, I've gotten my moneys worth from the insurance plan. I've had my screen replaced once and now a new phone.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre