1.    #1  
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do what I did easily on the PC on a Mac.
    I'm a longtime Handspring/Palm user. I had a Handspring smartphone long before the Treo came out.
    I've used Chapura's products, especially KeySuites. With KeySuites I could maintain multiple calendars and lists of contacts, sync them with Outlook at home and at the office. I could transfer my calendar to the office computer and the office calendar to my Treo 650 and then to Outlook at home. It was easy.
    Try as I might though, I just can't seem to find a way to duplicate that functionality on the Mac.
    KeySuites separated all the contacts and calendar events on my Treo into separate folders. Without it, the only option I have is to put everything into Palm Contacts and Palm Calendar and then use categories to separate them, which don't seem to transfer between my Treo and Outlook. Apple Address book and Palm Address book don't even have categories.
    When I click on an e-mail address in Palm's Address book, it thinks it's a phone and wants to put a 1 before it and dial.
    I have spent a lot of time on this and am one unhappy camper.
    You can set categories on the Palm itself and the Palm Desktop for contacts,
    You can create groups in Mac addressbook and iCal offers categories. Not sure how that relates to Outlook.
  3.    #3  
    I got Missing Sync--it seems to work well. I set it up to work with Apple's address book and ICal. the Apple Address book seems to work much better than Palm's. However, I can't seem to transfer categories between my handheld and it. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Croshaven View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do what I did easily on the PC on a Mac.
    I'm a longtime Handspring/Palm user. I had a Handspring smartphone long before the Treo came out.
    I've used Chapura's products, especially KeySuites.
    Yet another reason why I love these boards more than any other... by the time I get frustrated enough to look for assistance, someone else has spoken up WITH EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE.

I have used KeySuite since it was just KeyContacts and had one of every Handspring ever made (except the Prism, just never gelled for me).

Anyway, I just made the big switch from PC back to Mac (after about 15 years) and have "nearly" everthing working the way I want... the one big exception is KeySuite. I checked Chapura's site and they simply say "it won't work"... it doesn't appear that Mac connectivity is even on the radar. So here I am, full version of Entourage and MissingSync already loaded, but no way to synchronize with my 700p.

I would definitely consider another PIM (Palm native or 3rd party) as long as I have at least the same functionality.

I am open to all suggestions!