requiring I hand-edit each wma file prior to copying
    it by hand to the Treo.

So, I want to avoid the entire process.

I am seeking a music provider where I get the
    songs directly in WMA format (or MP3).

As long as it is playable by Pocket-Tunes 3.1.8/Deluxe
    and requires nothing else. I.e. select song in GUI
    connected to service, press button, song is bought
    and downloaded to Treo for play by Pocket-Tunes.
    No other action required.

And no, I don't want an Apple iPod.

Thanks for any decent suggestions.
    I use Napster. It is really easy. It basically creates a playlist in napster that you drag and driop the songs that you want and then sync it. it is pretty slow syncing though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I use Napster. It is really easy. It basically creates a playlist in napster that you drag and driop the songs that you want and then sync it. it is pretty slow syncing though.
    Thanks - I'll try it if one month with RealPlayer Rhapsody to Go fails.
    Same thing with Yahoo! music unlimited. Works great. I would have thought Rhapsody works the same way.
    when did I miss the ability to use Rhapsody to go on my Treo. I use it on my creatvie Vision M but I can borrow music using my Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft View Post
    Rhapsody requires I take the downloaded RAX
    files, rip them to CD, then rip the CD back to WMA
    and then put them on the Treo. In the process,
    the names of the performer's and songs are stripped
    requiring I hand-edit each wma file prior to copying
    it by hand to the Treo.

So, I want to avoid the entire process.

I am seeking a music provider where I get the
    songs directly in WMA format (or MP3).

As long as it is playable by Pocket-Tunes 3.1.8/Deluxe
    and requires nothing else. I.e. select song in GUI
    connected to service, press button, song is bought
    and downloaded to Treo for play by Pocket-Tunes.
    No other action required.

And no, I don't want an Apple iPod.

Thanks for any decent suggestions.
    Do you have Rhapsody to Go? You have to subscribe to that to be able to put songs on your portable device.
    As per Pocket-Tunes website:

** Music stores that we have tested include: Napster, Real Rhapsody, Yahoo! Music Engine. Pocket Tunes supports both subscription and purchased content. Online music store access requires Pocket Tunes Deluxe and a paid subscription to one of many compatible music services. Online music store access is only compatible with some devices; please read the compatibility list below or check our web site for updates.

gapost is correct though, you need to use the "to go" options of these providers. Yahoo! Music Unlimited and Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go are priced differently. I assume the same is true of Napster and Rhapsody.

Also, if you pay via mastercard for one full year (instead of monthly) For Yahoo! Music Unlimited To Go, they give you a second year for free. For $143.88, you've effectively paid $6.00 a month for 2 years. Great deal in my opinion.
    The single biggest upgrade I am looking for is for them to allow us to search and download music from my Yahoo! Music account over the internet using my Treo. That would be amazing. That really would. I have no idea how long it will be before they allow that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    The single biggest upgrade I am looking for is for them to allow us to search and download music from my Yahoo! Music account over the internet using my Treo. That would be amazing. That really would. I have no idea how long it will be before they allow that.

I use Yahoo, but I don't know how they could do that. They would have to make the Yahoo Music app work on a Treo. Heck, they won't even make Yahoo to Go work on a Treo. Also, imagine downloading 3-5mb songs on your Treo. The best you could do would be to access your computer from your Treo and then stream the music. The problem with this might be the drm on the music. For example, with Orb, you can access your computer files, but it probably wouldn't play in Kinoma. However, with Orb, you can download your individual songs. However, then you would have to play them through PocketTunes which has the drm licensing for your Yahoo.

Yeah, I just downloaded a Yahoo song and it will open up in PTunes and would play if you have the Yahoo To Go license in PTunes.
    Last edited by gapost; 01/18/2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten this combination to work yet? I purchased a subscription to this service because the 680 was listed as a portable device that worked with the system. It does not and Yahoo! support is no help at all. What is wrong is that I cannot transfer music that is subscription music or music tracks that I purchased there on the site. The songs that were already on my computer and that I own transfer just fine. I get a transfer error message when I try to transfer subscription tracks or the streaming tracks. The songs I purchased there do transfer, however when I attempt to play them I get an error message from Pocket Tunes Deluxe about permission to play them or something like that.

Yahoo! is zero help. They tell me something to the effect that the unlimited to go service is not designed to play music on SD cards and that the SD cards do not have the firmware necessary to play subscription music. Well...why would they show the 680 as a compatible device then? It does not make sense. I prepaid one year for the subscription and if I cannot get it to work I will have no choice but to cancel the service.

FYI...I'm using the Card Reader program on my 680 to write to and read the SD card. This Card reader program is great. But I'm trying to get this yahoo music to go program to work. Any thoughts ????

Thanks!!