Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    where is this mystery update for kinoma that was suppose to be out b4 xmas?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    what is the latest version #?
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    what is the latest version #?

But supposedly an update to that is near. . . . . .within the next 30 days???????
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post

But supposedly an update to that is near. . . . . .within the next 30 days???????
    Looks like the update is out. Instead of scanning your media, it uses a type of sync process. This results in much shorter load times.

It also looks like they've recategorized their media. I haven't played with it too much, but it's definitely updated.
    That 30 days went fast !!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    you beat me to the forum. I been playing with it. they emailed me...
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    finally a way to disable the scanning... they also fixed the issue when streaming multiple mp3's with orb...
    now if they can just get background play...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I think Kinoma does a great job with content and organization of their media. If you combined Kinoma's content and intuitiveness with Pockettunes ability to play in the background and management of playlists, you'd have one heck of an app.

Pockettunes also seems to buffer their content differently, though I wouldn't venture to say how. I just know that I can travel my entire commute without missing a note with PTunes, but Kinoma seems to buffer a bit more. And I'm in an EVDO area.

I do think Kinoma has a winner, given their rich media content and organization.