1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I was using the treo as a MP3 player during my flight, and now I can't get it to come out of the handsfree mode. I took the headphones out and put them back in again, and it still won't come out of the mode. I can't make or receive calls without the handsfree earpiece plugged into the phone.

I have tried a soft boot, and now I even did a hard boot, but the Treo still doesn't work. Is this a hardware or software problem.

Any help would be appriciated. Also, does anyone know if I can take it to the Sprint store to get it fixed.

Thanks,

Rez
    I had a similar problem and had to return it to Verizon. I am reluctant to use a wired headset again.
    this is a known problem with both the 650 and 700. you have two options: 1 get it replaced or 2 purchase volume care with the bypass option. the bypass option uses software to fix this problem. for Jeff to write a program for this you can see how common it is.

www.gotreosoftware.com
    This bug certainly seems to be affecting a lot of users! How uncomfortable.
    i am really thinking that palm has a real POS on the market (not Palm OS).

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    This bug certainly seems to be affecting a lot of users! How uncomfortable.
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    bling is right. those are your only two options. I have lost many treos because of this defect. it really is lame. verizon will replace it with a refurb.
    If I could know then, what I know now.