1.    #1  
    I just purchased a unlocked Treo 650 from ebay. When I boot the phone it shows a Cingular logo. My Question is that I would like to update the the phone and I'm not sure which updater to use. Do I use the "unlocked GSM" or the "Cingular" update? I don't want to have the phone relock. I thought I was getting a generic unlocked GSM. The current info on the phone is;

Firmware: 01.51
    Software: Treo650-1b.17-CNB
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    That's an AT&T Broadband phone - use the Cingular update. It won't relock the phone. But you're already running the latest firmware.
    Do a search, you might be able to find the 1.13 ROW updater. It will take your Cingular phone to the Unlock phone status. Once done with the 1.13 ROW. You can use the 1.2 ENA from the Palm site to being it to fully updated unlock GSM version. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    For "unlock" read "unbranded" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    That's an AT&T Broadband phone - use the Cingular update. It won't relock the phone. But you're already running the latest firmware.
    I too have purchased one of these phones Unlocked Cingular 650. So if I use this firmware it won't relock the phone?

The Blackman
    Quote Originally Posted by achang001 View Post
    Do a search, you might be able to find the 1.13 ROW updater. It will take your Cingular phone to the Unlock phone status. Once done with the 1.13 ROW. You can use the 1.2 ENA from the Palm site to being it to fully updated unlock GSM version. Good luck.
    What does this answer mean? I am a noob.
    Hello, i have a unlocked cingular 650, it doesn't say cingular when it starts up.
    my firmware is 01.23
    software is treo 650 1.06/5052/0
    hardware b
    i'm on t-mobile, should i upgrade to the newest unlocked 650 software.
    thanks for the info
    Where do we find this 1.13 ROW to be able to do the 1.20 ENA from palm's site ?
    Wouldn't be easier to just build a custom ROM and then upload it via the ROM Tool... I haven't done that yet, i was actually deleting some files to build my custom ROM, though I'm not certain about what all of them are or do.
    I, too, have a cingular branded (Firmware: 01.51 - Software: Treo650-1b.17-CNB ) that I'd like to convert to ROW for the simple reason, I don't need their settings and extra software as I'm on anoher network.
    I found this to be very interesting except the rapidshare links are expired.

Any ideas ?

edit: i got here from this link: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=110386, the list in that thread isn't the same as the list I extracted from my 650. Do let me know if you'd like me to copy the list.