Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I really don't like the Palm interface. I have used it for at least five years now, but I've never got really familiar with it. And I think I finally understand why; I have no control. Ie, I don't know where my files are, and if I want to move them from the phone to the SD card it's really tricky.
    I would really really like an OS similiar to that of Mac OS Finder - Where I have one folder for the apps, one for the system and one for the documents, and so on. Is this possible?

Example:
    I got a nice sound clip via Bluetooth from a friend's Ericsson phone. It said that the file was transferred correctly, and after a long while I found it in the Real Player. That is where I can play this clip, and nowhere else. I would like to play it from PocketTunes, and i would like to set it as a ring signal.
    How do I do that? And why is it so hard to do it?

Exept for the OS, I love the Treo 650. It's perfect in size with a full keyboard etc.
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    You can't have folders in internal memory--the Palm OS has never allowed that.

Different players/readers have different requirements for where files have to be on a card, too--for example, Pocket Tunes and TCPMP let you navigate the card to find files to play, but evidently RealPlayer needs files to be in its own folder.

There are freeware apps like FileZ, FileProg, and UniCMD (among others) that let you see what's where and copy/move files from internal to card or vice versa.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Alright, I'll have a look at those apps. Thanks for the answer.

One question though: I just downloaded a file (.rtf) via bluetooth. The Treo said: ""Data recieved in unknown format.", but it accepted it nevertheless.

So... now what? How can I read that doc. Dataviz "Documents" Application does not seem to find it.

I want to know what happens with my files...! (
    ========================
    Do you have FileZ? ( A freeware file manager for the PalmOS.)

www.nosleep.net
    click on download
    You've had Palm for 5 years and haven't heard of Filez????? I had a copy within a couple weeks of getting my first Palm device about 5 yrs ago. Do you use an SD card?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have a SD-card. Just upgraded to 1 GB.

No, haven't heard of FileZ, the problem for me (and many others I assume) is that I haven't got the time to search for good apps....

I'll definitey take a look at FileZ.
    ========================
    Quote Originally Posted by carlsson View Post
    I really don't like the Palm interface. I have used it for at least five years now, but I've never got really familiar with it. And I think I finally understand why; I have no control. Ie, I don't know where my files are, and if I want to move them from the phone to the SD card it's really tricky.
    I would really really like an OS similiar to that of Mac OS Finder - Where I have one folder for the apps, one for the system and one for the documents, and so on. Is this possible?

Example:
    I got a nice sound clip via Bluetooth from a friend's Ericsson phone. It said that the file was transferred correctly, and after a long while I found it in the Real Player. That is where I can play this clip, and nowhere else. I would like to play it from PocketTunes, and i would like to set it as a ring signal.
    How do I do that? And why is it so hard to do it?

Exept for the OS, I love the Treo 650. It's perfect in size with a full keyboard etc.
    While FileZ is free and rock solid, I'd recommend Resco Explorer for a comprehensive view of what is going on inside the Palm. It is an excellent file manager with even a backup function thrown in to boot. Good Luck!