Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Has anyone experienced little to no lag time at all since the "supposed" Blazer update? Blazer is running so much faster now, but I also noticed no lag time when switching apps.
    What Blazer update? How do you get it?

Ben
    Inconclusive so far. I see some signs of less lag for some apps. But getting in and out of email and Blazer seem to be the same as before the *2
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    Well, this was well advertised.. . . . .

Spill the beans Ben . . . . . new version #? . . . . . . download over the air? . . . . . . how did you find out? . . . . . do you have it? . . . . . . how is it working?
    Same for you Shop!
    Make a call to *2. The system will detect whether an update is needed.
    Thanks, Shop!!

I must have it then, I called *2 and got Customer Service and a rep that knew nothing about it and then directed me to go to a Sprint store to ask them.

Maybe this has been why my "lag" experience has been so minimal as compared to the posts I have read for 6 months -- I received mine on 12/23 and maybe the first provision of the phone included this "update".
    I just did a *2 and sure enough I got updated. I believe the prl updated, and blazer. Seems faster.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I just did a *2 and sure enough I got updated. I believe the prl updated, and blazer. Seems faster.
    What prl # do you have now?

20225?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post

Nope has nothing to do with that, the prl stays the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Nope has nothing to do with that, the prl stays the same.
    My Blazer version shows 4.5, so how do I know if I have been updated?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    *2 does not work for verizon wireless treo's
    Okay, hold on here, there was NO blazer update at all. I don't know who's been spreading this misinformation, but the ONLY way blazer can be updated on your treo is by a firmware update or patch released from Palm, now *2. All *2 does is update your phone's PRL. In addition when your phone says "Phone Updater", all it's doing is redownloading the data provisioning (Sprint or VZW DNS's, IP Addresses, username settings, etc). It only updates the phone on how to log into the data network, NOTHING ELSE.
    Thank You.
    *2 is only for Sprint, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    *2 is only for Sprint, right?
    Right.....for Verizon it's *228 I believe.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Okay, hold on here, there was NO blazer update at all. I don't know who's been spreading this misinformation, but the ONLY way blazer can be updated on your treo is by a firmware update or patch released from Palm, now *2. All *2 does is update your phone's PRL. In addition when your phone says "Phone Updater", all it's doing is redownloading the data provisioning (Sprint or VZW DNS's, IP Addresses, username settings, etc). It only updates the phone on how to log into the data network, NOTHING ELSE.

Who told you that? I can tell you from a confirmed Sprint tech that it was a blazer update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Who told you that? I can tell you from a confirmed Sprint tech that it was a blazer update.
    When was the last time you trusted a sprint tech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post

Well, I don't know what it was, but it just so happens I had updated the PRL about a week ago, but on calling today I received an update and my PRL didn't change. It must have done something other than update the PRL....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast