Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    OK this is strange. My PRL was/is 20225. I called *2 and was told to hold while my phone was being updated.

In the past when doing a PRL update, the phone would say things like "unlocking" and or "programing" However, this time there was no such message.

Don't know what was updated, and my PRL stayed the same.

---UPDATE-- tried it again, this time my phone went throught the process of a PRL update (ie saying SPL unlocked). However, the update failed. And kept failing on subsequent attempts.
    Last edited by ink883; 01/12/2007 at 09:18 PM.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Well, I don't know what it was, but it just so happens I had updated the PRL about a week ago, but on calling today I received an update and my PRL didn't change. It must have done something other than update the PRL....
    Not correct. If your account is flagged for a PRL update, you will be prompted to update your software every time that you call *2, whether you need a PRL update or not. Try calling *2 again and let us know if you get the same "update" message.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Soooo, no blazer update then? I was all excited...
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I got PRL'd four times in one day. This when I was having SMS issues. I finally got tired of it and called Sprint to tell them to kill it on my phone. Ben
    sigh. so what is this update good for? I just did the *2 update and like the others, my prl stayed the same...
    Again, there is no update. The OP is wrong.
    I think this update made a change to text messaging. i am able to attatch a subject to a Picturemail message whereas before I could not (IIRC at least) which made me mad because blogger would always title my mobile posts "You have new picture mail!"
    My prl changed to 225. Other than that, I notice no change.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    FYI
    *2 does not load automatically in all markets. It doesn't it mine. I have to call CS and ask them to flag my phone for a prl update. Then I dial *2 and it loads.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    My prl changed to 225. Other than that, I notice no change.
    That\'s because there is no change. It\'s amazing how many people fall for the placebo effect. This thread is testimony to that.
    There definitely was a change. Especially in Blazer. Now if I tap on a picture with two fingers at the sametime, it zooms in on the picture. The lag is gone too.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    There definitely was a change. Especially in Blazer. Now if I tap on a picture with two fingers at the sametime, it zooms in on the picture. The lag is gone too.
    Did the screen grow too?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    That\'s because there is no change. It\'s amazing how many people fall for the placebo effect. This thread is testimony to that.
    I never said there was a PRL change but there was definitely a change in routing with Blazer and overall performance. Your case might be with all the appz you have loaded, I dont have many appz so that may be the case...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I believe a PRL update to an evdo phone, will tell the phone about new evdo towers available. That may be the increase in speed for some.
    Last edited by ink883; 01/15/2007 at 03:32 PM.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Does it turn the screen off when you put the phone next to your ear? Mine does!
    Yes that ear feature is really cool. I've also found that I can load all the 3rd party apps I want now without any stability or performance impact. The update must've fixed been a bunch of problems in POS that was causing those issues.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    And now my screen scrolls down nice and fluidly when I press my finger against the screen and move it with a downward motion.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    OP, Can you post your Blazer version #. The version I have is 4.5.

Thanks
    OK, My 700 was ALL out of wack! I tried *2, did the update, and noticed an IMMEDIATE difference. Thanks troops!
    soooo....is it placebo or what?!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast