1.    #1  
    hey,

i was wondering i just bought TomTom 6 and i thinking about it could i go buy like a 4gb or 8gb SD card and then copy all the files off the TomTom SD card onto the 4 or 8 card? Its just i hate having to carry 2 card around.

would this work?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
    hey,

i was wondering i just bought TomTom 6 and i thinking about it could i go buy like a 4gb or 8gb SD card and then copy all the files off the TomTom SD card onto the 4 or 8 card? Its just i hate having to carry 2 card around.

would this work?
    I don't know about Tom Tom (never used it) but I know the Transcend 8GB SDHC card works, because I use one. The price seems to be best if you just buy direct from them.
    I have the Transcend 4G and I have four or five TomTom maps on my card and they occupy no significant space. The space TomTom occupies in RAM is really small, anyway, so I imagine you could put it all on a card that size with no problems. Just be careful how you format the card. My card was slow as a snail until I formatted it last night to the specs that PrinceMike gave in a different thread. It made a HUGE difference. By the way, I have all of Canada, all of Italy, all of France, and the middle United States, as well as New England, and it doesn't create a bump in my card storage.
  4.    #4  
    I would just be using the us and canada map. I have a 1gb card right now and have about 20 songs on it. I will be putting more on it. I think ill just leave the tomtom card in my car. I won't be taking it along with me much so its ok