1. Dey
    I am currently a Treo 650 user, keen for an upgrade to Treo 680, have a few queries:

1. How can i port my smses from Treo 650 to Treo 680

2. How can i port my memos from Treo 650 to Treo 680

3. Is Treo 680 compatible with Palm desktop version 4.1.4
    Don't know about smses.

A clean install will move all your PIM data over.

You ALWAYS? want to install the provided desktop with a new device over the top of the old. Device specific conduits stay in place for the old device (in case a family member is taking it) and device specific conduits for the new device are put into place.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942

Cheers, Perry.

(Or you can just beam your PIM data over to the 680 -- if you are going to give it a new userid from the 650 -- for syncing on the same PC.)
    Perry's right. You definitely want to install the 4.2 Desktop. All data will come across, but 3 important steps should be taken 1st:

#1 Backup all your data on the PC
    #2 Backup all your data on the PC
    #3 Backup all your data on the PC .... got it.

Palm desktop has an issue where it will change your categories in calendar, contacts, Memos & Tasks when doing new devices or after hard resets. This is a monstrous pain. My 680 lost about 1/2 the categories in all four. Hopefully it won't happen to you.

The only issue that I noticed is with Docs2Go. Make sure and load the extra software CD. That get's your desktop and Treo to the latest version and not a mix.

Pretty easy to upgrade from the 650 tho.
    Patrick Horne
  4. Dey
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Perry's right. You definitely want to install the 4.2 Desktop. All data will come across, but 3 important steps should be taken 1st:

#1 Backup all your data on the PC
    #2 Backup all your data on the PC
    #3 Backup all your data on the PC .... got it.

Palm desktop has an issue where it will change your categories in calendar, contacts, Memos & Tasks when doing new devices or after hard resets. This is a monstrous pain. My 680 lost about 1/2 the categories in all four. Hopefully it won't happen to you.

The only issue that I noticed is with Docs2Go. Make sure and load the extra software CD. That get's your desktop and Treo to the latest version and not a mix.

Pretty easy to upgrade from the 650 tho.
    Thanks for the advise

my intention was to backup up all files in the "backup" folder located in palm directory, after the 1st hot sync, copy the file "messages database" into the new palm desktop directory, from there another hotsync to port all my smses over.

anyone figure where all the memos database files located in "backup" folder of palm desktop
    If you use a backup app to an SD card, you can restore individual files to the 680 from the 650. I use that to keep HandyShopper lists and Memos updated in both my 650 and 680. You can also restore your saved SMSs that way.