1.    #1  
    I see that 680 owners have no problem with this but what about us 650 owners? And is there any advantage in getting fast mini-SD cards for the 650?
    Not sure what the advantage would be -- you would need one of those holders to make a mini to work in a regualr SD slot, right?

Are fast mini SD's any faster or cheaper than regular size ones? How does their longevity compare?

My gut reaction is to stick with the regular size SDs, unless you have a specific need for a mini. (Like you want to swap it into and out of another device that only has a mini slot.)

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I was hoping to future-proof my next memory card purchase by going mini. Most come with the full-size adapters. Don't know about the speed similarities or differences. Is it possible that the 650 has lower limits?
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    Thanks. I was hoping to future-proof my next memory card purchase by going mini. Most come with the full-size adapters. Don't know about the speed similarities or differences. Is it possible that the 650 has lower limits?
    The 650 should handle the speed -- you are just limited to a 2GB size unless you do a custom ROM hack.

Cheers, Perry
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again. In some shops mini are priced under the equivalent capacity full sized cards.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by discobay View Post
    Someone will probably announce the Nano-SD next month.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have used a Micro Transflash in the SD Carrier of a Standard Sandisk card carrier. It works fine in the 650, Digital camera, PC reader.
    My caution is that there are immitation Ultra II cards. I got one and it won't working in anything other than a slow USB 1.0 reader but nothing else. Sandisk claims they don't make them yet they appear authentic. I am now using othe OEM cards which work very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    I have used a Micro Transflash in the SD Carrier of a Standard Sandisk card carrier. It works fine in the 650, Digital camera, PC reader.
    My caution is that there are immitation Ultra II cards. I got one and it won't working in anything other than a slow USB 1.0 reader but nothing else. Sandisk claims they don't make them yet they appear authentic. I am now using othe OEM cards which work very well.

Not that I know of. I have two 512MB cards that came with my Motorola RazerV3i and a Motorola Rokor. They both work fine. Both are from SanDisk so I don't know where trippec got that info about SD not making them.
    As for the advantages and disadvantages, Micro SD gives you one more level of compatibility at the cost of a smaller capacity at any given time vs. Mini SD cards and they are easier to loose yet harder to break. That about sums it up aside from speed witch overall seems to be about the same if not a bit faster. but I need to test them both to know for sure
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Not that I know of. I have two 512MB cards that came with my Motorola RazerV3i and a Motorola Rokor. They both work fine. Both are from SanDisk so I don't know where trippec got that info about SD not making them...
    My really big typo but not really. My head running faster than my figures if that make sense. I got an Ultra II SD card mark Sandisk which is a clone (fake card) I checked with Sandisk and they said it was a copy sold on eBay. Be carefull buying cards on ebay. That one would not work in any SD device off which I tried three. Sandisk does make the micro,mini transflash as well and my 512 and 1GB also works as stated here.

Bottom line watch out for clones.

sorry for the head scratching their.
    I am using a mini card in an adapter in my 650. No problems at all. I am only doing this because it was lying around at home, therefore free. Or already paid for. Or sumpin. I bought it when I went WM5 slumming.