Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a palm treo 650 on sprint and it's just about ready for retirement. Is the palm 700 a worthy upgrade or would I better suited to make the move to a bb8703. Did the 700 ever get push email? I need stability in my next phone, does the 700 deliver?
    wait for the IPhone.
    Personally, on Sprint, I am giving the Q a hard look next week. I need a better PHONE than what the 650 is giving me.
    My Sprint Treo 700p is solid as a rock. If you wait for the IPhone, then look at the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/te...ge&oref=slogin

You get what you get.
    The iPhone is a completely different device. Plus its Stinkular-exclusive & he has sprint.

If you like your 650, you'll love the 700p. I highly recommend upgrading.
    My 700p is also quite solid (with over 50 third party apps) and it's here now. I also recommend it!
    If you look over this site, you will see a letter to palm... one thing not in the letter is stablity issues. Some lag, etc, but not stability. Well, besides, I think, sms(?).

700p seems like a very nice phone and pda.....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I gotcha beat copernicus- 80+ apps on mine! Haha.... It was over 100 till I did some housecleaning.

I don't have huge lag issues. It seems like it only lags when my cache is full. Once I empty it I'm ok. Either way, it isn't enough of a problem for me to make a big stink about, given how great the phone is in every other area.

I can say with complete honesty that my 700p is the best phone I've ever had. And I'm not some Palm fangirl, I use & like many different devices. I have an iPaq hx4705 & an HP Jornada 720, and an Audiovox ppc-6600 that I'm about to activate on my spare line.
    Last edited by KabukiAssassin; 01/12/2007 at 09:41 AM.
    I went from the 650 to a 700P on Sprint. The expanded memory space is great and the EVDO makes the Internet access functions a joy.

No issues, other than the occassional lag (once every other day). Still haven't figured out the pattern on that yet, other than it only happens for me when switching into or out of an Internet app -- but it might do it every 5th time.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I gotcha beat copernicus- 80+ apps on mine! Haha.... It was over 100 till I did some housecleaning.

I don't have huge lag issues. It seems like it only lags when my cache is full. Once I empty it I'm ok.

Thanks KabukiAssassin!

I had forgotten about that option. I have now checked the clear cache on exit box in Blazer to see what happens.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    wait for the IPhone.

That might take forever, as Jobs said he was going GSM. I have 3 in our family on a Cingular Family plan with rollover minutes -- but the two of us with Treos are on Sprint due to the incredible difference in data plan costs.

So, if you are sticking with Sprint -- waiting for an iPhone -- may be a very long wait.

Cheers, Perry.

(Wow, yes I did just post 3 straight times. Opps.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    wait for the IPhone.

The iPhone is not the answer for a lot of people, especially those who use it for business purposes.
    you go, Perry

IMO- the iPhone is a trendy gimmick. There, I said it, I went there. I predict it will be another sidekick- huge with the "in crowd" but seriously lacking for true power users. Can you imagine typing out long emails or working with business presentations & spreadsheets on it?
    The Treo 700p is a wonderful device! you should go out and get it!
    you go, Perry

IMO- the iPhone is a trendy gimmick. There, I said it, I went there. I predict it will be another sidekick- huge with the "in crowd" but seriously lacking for true power users. Can you imagine typing out long emails or working with business presentations & spreadsheets on it?
    I have not waded in over there on the iPhone forum, but I agree. This will undoubtedly be a hit and it will undoubtedly have problems. It is a status symbol and nothing I want. Comparison to the SideKick analogy is one of the best I have seen! Right on.
    It's amazing how many programs can be made to coexist on the Treo. I've heard of guys like you with over a 100 apps on their device. Maybe I should try adding a few more.
    Thanks bubba. I expect to be flamed- no, scratch that- burned at the stake, over voicing that opinion by the Apple fanfolk, hah. People get so touchy.

I have a friend who I met on HoFo through the Palm forums. We bonded through our Treo love. I even gave him my #, and we text almost daily. The other day I got a text, it was him announcing excitedly that he's going to ditch his Treo for an iPhone & even switch to Cingular. I almost cried. "Traitor!" I bellowed at him. Well, I typed it in all caps, anyway.

Getting 100+ apps to work in perfect sync is not easy, but it can be done. Any questions? feel free to ask how I managed it.
    Last edited by KabukiAssassin; 01/12/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    if you want or need BT skip the 700p. also, if you don't mind resets at will then you might consider the 700p...you can see i am frustrated with mine.
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    You might also want to consider the 700wx. I moved from the 650 to the P but have been much happier with the wx.
    And there are those of us who have no problems with our devices. Mine does not randomly reset and the BT works ok.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    if you want or need BT skip the 700p. also, if you don't mind resets at will then you might consider the 700p...you can see i am frustrated with mine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast