Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This issue has been brought up many times over the past, but have not seen any work arounds. Does anyone with either an Audi or BMW and the Treo 750 has a fix for the bluetooth disconnect, please let us all know!

Thanks
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    I have some success, I would say greater than about 4/5 times, of getting the car and phone to connect if I wake the phone up before I start my 530i. Also, I have it set not to turn the screen off in the power settings. Times that it doesn't work, I soft reset it. That seems to work. Hope it helps.

J
    Okay, I played with my new Treo 750 for a while now and I *think* I found a working setup. Out of the box, the Blackjack and Treo 750 both cut in and out of the BT connection, and it took me some digging to find this solution, but here it is:

1) Download the latest JetWare Mobile beta from http://www.jetwaremobile.com/beta.htm (version 1.25.174.9) and install it (don't forget the test certs)
    2) Then, go to http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/devices.htm and download/install both the "Audi UHV" and "Force Power On at Connect" files

I have done three short test drives and a handful of phone conversations without issues with this setup. The only issue I've come across (which existed before) is that phone numbers in the DIS get listed with +1 and Cingular won't dial those in that format. Anybody have a solution for this?

If anybody has other WM5 phones with this setup, try this out and let us know whether it works. JetWare is only a trial, but you can buy it for $14.95. If this really works, it's money well spent IMHO.
  4.    #4  
    I've done the Jet Ware app. and I tried it many times without success in my Audi! I tried the newest version on Sunday and installed all the extensions without success as well. I really hoped the fix was in the latest version! Let us know if the connection holds.

DrB
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBwell View Post
    I've done the Jet Ware app. and I tried it many times without success in my Audi! I tried the newest version on Sunday and installed all the extensions without success as well. I really hoped the fix was in the latest version! Let us know if the connection holds.
    I've driven a few more times now and things still are fine. Before this change it would reliably drop the BT on every drive (even my 5 minute commute). I'll go for a 4+ hour drive on the weekend and that should give me more information, but it's looking good.

I *did* mess around with a few other things (tried the HSDPA patch) and right now, the power off button isn't working anymore, so I will probably try a hard reset to start over. Let's see if that keeps things working.

Has anybody else tried it?
    Oh, and you tried the beta version? I think 1.20 (the latest stable version) may not work.
  7.    #7  
    Are you driving an Audi A4 or something else? I'm using all the latest and greatest Jetware Apps anmd extensions.

DrB
    Are you driving an Audi A4 or something else? I'm using all the latest and greatest Jetware Apps anmd extensions.
    I have an '06 A3 w/ RNS-E and the BT module (which AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $is$ $identical$ $to$ $the$ $A4$ $module$). $My$ $power$ $button$ &$quot$;$unbroke$&$quot$; $itself$ $this$ $morning$, $and$ $it$ $seems$ $that$ $since$ $that$ $happened$, $my$ $BT$ $is$ $broken$ $again$. *********.
  9.    #9  
    I thought you might have had a freak system for a moment there! Technology sucks

DrB
  10.    #10  
    Do you have a problem dialing out through the car using the "car" Phone book or Saved #'s stored in the Audi? I press dial and I get "call ended" right after. I notice the #'s that have this problem have (516) around the area code. Any # that is like 5166323456 works just fine!

DrB
    I thought you might have had a freak system for a moment there! Technology sucks
    I've had it drop off in the middle of the call. Now, I'm trying with the two advanced options under Power mgmt disabled, so far no problems, but not a lot of driving either...
    Do you have a problem dialing out through the car using the "car" Phone book or Saved #'s stored in the Audi? I press dial and I get "call ended" right after. I notice the #'s that have this problem have (516) around the area code. Any # that is like 5166323456 works just fine!
    Same here. In the DIS (driver information system display in the dash) I get the numbers from my phone book on the Treo as +1 (xxx) xxx xxx -- those don't work. When I use voice dialling and "speak" the numbers it works just fine.

I've read about this somewhere else, but forgot where and whether somebody found an answer, seems like all that's necessary is to cut out the +1 and the ()'s ...
    Played around some more. Seems like JetWare stores it's settings in the registry, so I poked around there a little bit and converted their HERM200.jcf to the Treo 750 by simply editing the file and changing the String to match the Treo 750's device ID. That way, it *should* pick up the InSessionPower key, which *should* cause it to now power down bluetooth during a session.

Since the problem has been intermittent at best, I haven't been able to verify this fix yet, but time will tell.

If you want to help me test, here is the .jcf file I created. Import this + the Audi HUV one from the JetWare site and you should have the same config that I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #14  
    I need to load all the Jetware applications and Audi extension plus this file you made?

DrB
  15.    #15  
    I loaded it all and will test it out in the AM..I'll let you know how it goes. I can tell within 5 min!

DrB
    I need to load all the Jetware applications and Audi extension plus this file you made?

Yes, that's correct.

1. Install JetWare latest beta
    2. Install Audi UHV .jcf file
    3. Install my Palm 750 .jcf file

See if that works for you. I've only done 2 short drives with this so far, so I can't tell whether it worked...
  17.    #17  
    Well, I tried your fix and it has no positive affect. Do I need to change the device ID as you did? How do I change the device id?

DrB
    Well, I tried your fix and it has no positive affect. Do I need to change the device ID as you did? How do I change the device id?
    Try enabling debug logging as described in the Jetware FAQ on their web site. Then, go into your car and reproduce the drop. Next, post the log file (for example, copy it from \Program Files\JETware to \My Documents and email it to yourself). In the file you should see it look for two registry keys -- one for your Audi UHV xxxx and one for Palm Treo 750 (at least that's what it's called on mine). Maybe it is different on your car, in which case you need to edit the .jcf file and change the name between the []'s.

I've been running this setup since yesterday afternoon now and driven quite a bit with 0 drops so far.
  19.    #19  
    Steve, send me your e-mail address so I can forward you my log file. I don't know how to change the jcf file you posted.

Thanks,
    Barry

I sent you a PM about this but can't send the attachment with it.

DrB
    Steve, send me your e-mail address so I can forward you my log file. I don't know how to change the jcf file you posted.

Thanks,
    Barry

I sent you a PM about this but can't send the attachment with it.
    Okay, I did some digging in your logs and mine. The Device ID is identical, so that isn't the problem. In your logs, I see a lot of power state chanes like the following examples, but there are NONE at all in mine. Maybe that explains why my Treo burns through a battery in about 4-5 hours

I haven't found out though what it is that keeps my Treo from going to sleep. I'll try and find out.
    Code:
    02/28/2007 08:50:26 ->          Power state=10000000 - resuming
    02/28/2007 08:50:26 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 08:50:26 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 08:50:44 ->          Power state=10000000 - resuming
    02/28/2007 08:50:44 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 08:50:44 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 08:51:42 ->          Power state=10010000 - backlightoff
    02/28/2007 08:52:26 ->          Power state=00200000 - suspend
    02/28/2007 08:52:28 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 08:52:28 ->          Power state=00400000 - unattended
    02/28/2007 09:11:26 ->          Power state=10000000 - resuming