1. diw
    I am planning on purchasing a Treo 650 for Verizon on Ebay, and one of the larger sellers has this warning with all his Treo 650 auctions:
    "IMPORTANT NOTE:THESE UNITS ALREADY HAVE THE LATEST FIRMWARE V.1.05A. PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND ATTEMPT TO INSTALL IT FROM THE PALM WEBSITE. THERE IS A KNOWN BUG IN IT AND THIS MAY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE, RENDERING IT USELESS! THE LINK BELOW TO PALM IS FOR YOU TO GET THE MANUAL AND THE PALM DESKTOP SOFTWARE ONLY."
    I am wondering if this is in fact true and if anyone could provide more info about what this seller is refering to. Also would love to here recommendations/comments on purchasing this model. Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like nonsense. It's very odd.
  3. diw
    That's what I thought. Yet this seller is selling dozens of treo 650's with this disclaimer. I thought perhaps these were not authentic Verizon phones and had the firmware flashed. I understand that when this is done, next time a hard reset is done the phone is unusable. But don't know if that is the case here. Anyone have comments?