1.    #1  
    Hi, I did a search on this topic and came up empty.

I performed a backup at some point almost a year ago and saved it to another drive. I finally found it and would like to use it. I did a hard reset, copied the username folder ontop of the default username folder and still, the phone does not copy the old programs/apps or anything I had before. I have performed hard resets, copied and pasted, used same username even after reset. I still cannot get these programs back and some of these programs I have paid a lot for in total.

IS there a way to get this to backup properly? I decided to do this because my Treo 650 would reset by itself constantly (even when not text messaging). I am with Bell Mobilty and it does not have any firmware update. (Hasn't ever since I bought this phone about a year ago).
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2.    #2  
    *Bump* Someone must know??
    Same user name for the old backup? This should work. Try just copying the backup folder from the old back up and put it under your userid on the drive you are using. . . . . .

If we can't get this working -- you could always click on the desired .prc files in the old backup folder and place them in the install tool for loading onto the 650.
    Recopy everything and the go to hotsync - custom - go through the list one at a time and change everything you want to restore from the old information to desktop overwrites handheld. Be careful of your calendar and contact info, all of that could be rewritten, losing new info since your old backup as well if you are not careful.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Same user name for the old backup? This should work. Try just copying the backup folder from the old back up and put it under your userid on the drive you are using. . . . . .

If we can't get this working -- you could always click on the desired .prc files in the old backup folder and place them in the install tool for loading onto the 650.
    If I do that, would they still have the keys etc in them? A lot of the stuff I lost the information from because it's been so long and I've been through so many PC reformats.
    Quote Originally Posted by XaXiS View Post
    If I do that, would they still have the keys etc in them? A lot of the stuff I lost the information from because it's been so long and I've been through so many PC reformats.
    No - the keys are generally stored in the "Saved Preferences" file, though not always.
    Well, if push comes to shove -- you will have to contact the software providers to email your registration key(s) again -- if they are not in the preferences file that is in the old backup folder.

I am a packet rat at heart -- I have saved registration/unlock key original emails from software providers in Outlook forever (even codes for prior versions as upgrades and new codes occur). This has saved me a couple of days of back and forth with them, many times.

As well, providers like ereader.com have all your unlock codes accessible on their web site under your login in account with them. . . . .
    Then get Splash Id to store all of your passwords, personal info and login numbers in a secure place