Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    i have a unlocked treo 680 and i signed up for the $5.99 t-zones but it doesn't seem to work. i've read all the posts on this topic, and i've tried to configure it with the instructions for the 650 on t-mobile.com but everytime i try to connect it just reads:

    "ERROR: GPRS connection not available. Check your settings in Network Profiles and/or try again. 0x7143"

    can anybody give me advice? ANY ADVICE would be helpful. thanks.
  2. #2  
    Go to Prefs in the applications. Go to network. Pull down the top menu "Service" find T-zones and select that. Then try to connect to the internet again.
  3. #3  
    Sound right. It's probably setting on Tmobile Internet. Once you change it to Tzones you'll be good to go. But with the 680 everytime you do a soft reset (take out the battery), you'll have to go back in and change it. That is a bug on the 680 software.

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_treo View Post
    i have a unlocked treo 680 and i signed up for the $5.99 t-zones but it doesn't seem to work. i've read all the posts on this topic, and i've tried to configure it with the instructions for the 650 on t-mobile.com but everytime i try to connect it just reads:

    "ERROR: GPRS connection not available. Check your settings in Network Profiles and/or try again. 0x7143"

    can anybody give me advice? ANY ADVICE would be helpful. thanks.
    I have the Treo 680 unlocked from Palm and connected to Tzones for free. Then I opened the browser and surfed the internet. Also using VersaMail to download email. Best of all, I never paid the $5.99 monthy fee. I just assumed it was free.
  5. bikepilot's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have just got the 680. I had a hp6515 unlocked. And had the blackberry internet on it. I switched to tzone today I have tryed to go on the internet but it will not let me get any wear. I go to google.com and it come up with (could not connect to the spechified proxy. I have t-zone selected but it will not work. PLEASE HELP.
  6. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_treo View Post
    i have a unlocked treo 680 and i signed up for the $5.99 t-zones but it doesn't seem to work. i've read all the posts on this topic, and i've tried to configure it with the instructions for the 650 on t-mobile.com but everytime i try to connect it just reads:

    "ERROR: GPRS connection not available. Check your settings in Network Profiles and/or try again. 0x7143"

    can anybody give me advice? ANY ADVICE would be helpful. thanks.

    Hello ... there are always multiple ways to do things, so I will give you the way I connected to T-Zones. The template for T-Zones in my network preferences did not work for me and it was not editable. So, I selected it and made a copy (menu option) and edited that one. I named it the same, although I don't think the name matters. For "Connection" I chose "GPRS" and left "User Name" and "Password" alone. For "APN" I entered "wap.voicestream.com" and then saved it. Make sure your edited copy is the one selected (you can tell because the APN will have your entry) and that's it. From then on you can do anything you want with Internet or e-mail.

    Hope that works for you!
  7. #7  
    I did the same as Maris.
    I duplicated the default T-Zones profile. I didn't have to change the APN as it was already set to wap.voicestream.com.

    However, I did do a few extra things. I clicked "Modify" > "Details"
    I set the fallback to the official T-Zones profile (should be the 3rd choice).
    Click "Advanced".
    Leave IP set to auto. Uncheck "Query DNS". Enter these DNS addresses. They're the OpenDNS server addresses.

    Primary: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary: 208.67.220.220

    Save all changes and reconnect.
    Follow Me On

  8. bikepilot's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #8  
    I did all that and still nothing. I tried to get into google. But it is still coming up (could not connect to the specified proxy).... I have tzone on my account. I can still get the hp6515 to go online but nothing with the treo. If i cant get to work i guess I will have to return it.
  9. #9  
    I'm pretty sure you tried this, but i'll go ahead and ask anyway...

    Did you try soft resetting the phone (take out battery)?

    I know when I first signed up for T-Zones, it would not work for me at all. I had to soft reset it and it began to work.
    Follow Me On

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bikepilot View Post
    I did all that and still nothing. I tried to get into google. But it is still coming up (could not connect to the specified proxy).... I have tzone on my account. I can still get the hp6515 to go online but nothing with the treo. If i cant get to work i guess I will have to return it.
    What do you have in the proxy fields for your blazer program ? Look in prefs
  11. #11  
    For a few months now, there has been no restrictions in T-Zones and no need for any proxy settings at all. leave it blank and give it a try.

    In fact, apart from choosing t-zones in the network setting after each reset, there's been no setup necessary.
  12. bikepilot's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    For a few months now, there has been no restrictions in T-Zones and no need for any proxy settings at all. leave it blank and give it a try.

    In fact, apart from choosing t-zones in the network setting after each reset, there's been no setup necessary.
    Cool Thank that is all I needed I feel like a jack a. I have looked and looked for the last three days. I was ready to throw in the towel. Now no need to return the phone.

Posting Permissions