Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Well, installed the software again, and presto! I'm in business!

By the way, the install went great--didn't bother with the "automatic" activation, and went completely manual. Worked like a champ.

Napoleon, don't be jealous because I stay at home and chat with babes online all day. Besides, we both know I'm training to be a cage fighter.
    A little help please:

I purchased Palm GPS Nav Ed 2 two weeks ago. I entered the Product Code on their web site and get: "We advise you not to update your map. You already have one of the most up-to-date maps available (version 6.5 or 6.6)."

My unit tells me my maps are v650.1109

I find the maps to be very outdated for my Boston, MA workplace and Manchester, NH home, so I'm wondering is the v6.65 version mentioned in this thread addresses old maps.

I'd appreciate it if anyone with v6.65 installed could:
    1. Plan an Itinerary
    2. Add City Center for Manchester, NH as a Waypoint
    3. Add 7 Elkins St, Boston, MA as a destination
    4. Navigate to Boston

In text details of route, if it still says 22 Chinatown, then they still don't have the Big Dig mapped. Garmin had it mapped in their 4/05 maps release, so I would hope TomTom is only a year behind and not longer....

I like the ability to check Garmin's maps online before buying. There seems to be little TomTom TechSupport and I have yet to find a forum dedicated to TomTom for Palm.

Thanks for the help.
    I am away from my GPS so I did as you asked as an "Advanced planning" trip and used 1 Main St. Manchester, NH as the start and 7 Elkins St., Boston as the destination.

When I view the route text I do not see 22 Chinatown listed anywhere. This is with app version 6.010 (7630) and the usa_and_canada v665.1293 map. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I am away from my GPS so I did as you asked as an "Advanced planning" trip and used 1 Main St. Manchester, NH as the start and 7 Elkins St., Boston as the destination.

When I view the route text I do not see 22 Chinatown listed anywhere. This is with app version 6.010 (7630) and the usa_and_canada v665.1293 map. Hope this helps.
    Many thank! As I see that I qualify for a $6 upgrade, I shot the money and ordered it.

I guess that extra V0.15 makes all the difference!

I have App v6.000 (7370) and using TomTom Plus Services, Check for Upgrades, it tells me 6.010 (7630) is the latest - as you have - and can be gotten from TomTom HOME, but HOME says no upgrades available. Maybe it comes with the new maps?
    I have the feeling you'll get the same maps, specially for that price. I too have found the maps (POI) to not have enough information (compared to Garmin and Magellan) and the positions on lots of them is out of place.

I don't know if it is a map problem or a routing algorithm issue but I get the "turn here to get back in the same road I was on before" too frequent for my taste.

I'm shopping around and hopefully can say good bye to TomTom.
    I was using TT6 and when I put it to navigate it kept saying "error occurred while planning" . I couldn't navigate anywhere. I was lost. Eventually I had to restore using resco and it fixed it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it so it wouldn't happen again?
    Quote Originally Posted by k_gilly View Post
    I was using TT6 and when I put it to navigate it kept saying "error occurred while planning" . I couldn't navigate anywhere. I was lost. Eventually I had to restore using resco and it fixed it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it so it wouldn't happen again?
    I have never experienced this before. Is it reproducible or has it been a one-time only thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I have never experienced this before. Is it reproducible or has it been a one-time only thing?
    It happened again this morning and I tried to restore to bring it back and I couldn't. It sucks because I was on the road and needed navigation and I couldn't get it to work. Now I am going to try and reinstall the maps, and software, but I am afraid it may happen again. So I have lost all confidence in my TOMTOM software. I will always be unsure. Sucks.

UPDATE: I switched from MID atlantic maps to the US and Canada maps and it seems to work, however it has only been a few minutes. I talked to advanced support at TOMTOM and they have never heard of this happening before and had no explanation as to why it happened. Now I just have to cross my fingers all the time.
    Last edited by k_gilly; 02/26/2007 at 03:58 PM.
    k_gilly - If it turns out you have something funky going on with your Mid-Atlantic map, you should get TomTom so send you another file. Hopefully you've figured out a resolution by using the US and Canada one. Good luck.
    MarkY-Thanks, I will let it be known if I have the same problems with the US and Canada maps. I hope you're right and it was only a map problem.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k_gilly View Post
    Yup i had the same thing happen it was buggy for a few days then i just reloaded the map on the sd card and all was fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Yup i had the same thing happen it was buggy for a few days then i just reloaded the map on the sd card and all was fine again.
    Cheap fix if it works.
    My tomtom software suddenly became slow while navigating through the menu screen. It also takes a long while for the map screen to refresh itself while navigating.

Could this be because of a low battery in my bluetooth gps device?

Anyone else experience this with the new TT6 software?
    Last edited by BentEcho; 03/04/2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BentEcho View Post
    My tomtom software suddenly became slow while navigating through the menu screen. It also takes a long while for the map screen to refresh itself while navigating.

Could this be because of a low battery in my bluetooth gps device?

Anyone else experience this with the new TT6 software?
    No. However, I experience this as often as once a week with the Treo (650) and other applications. If I were to experience this with TomTom, I would attribute it to the Treo and do a reset. I would expect it to go away.
    Last edited by whmurray; 03/04/2007 at 05:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I made the upgrade for 50.00 and it's well worth it. Two things that I didn't see mentioned:
    1. the entire USA and Canada are loaded as one map. This means that you can plan a route from New York to San Diego without having to switch maps. this is great if you do a lot of long distance traveling. You can also load regional maps on another Sd card if you want.

2. TomTom6 Will NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY, if at all, on a 2 gb sd card (TT5 did, but not 6). I tried to load it on a 2 gb card and had major problems, eg it took 20 minutes to calculate a 10 mile trip and them operated very slowly. After much messing around I called TT support and they immediately new what my problem was. The told me for TT6 to work properly it MUST be installed on a 1gb sd card (the support rep didn't know why just that it needed a 1 gb card.)
    You'll note that TT6 can only be purchased on a 1 gb card. Ater reinstalling on a 1 gb card, the program worked flawlessly. (I've used it about a month now.) Also the maps have to be loaded thru TomTom Home (the app comes with the CD/DVD. It's pretty easy to use once you figure it out.

The product code that came with the DVD didn't seem to work, but the app automatically went online and activated the maps. Well worth the $50.00. Hope this was useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by toothman View Post
    2. TomTom6 Will NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY, if at all, on a 2 gb sd card (TT5 did, but not 6).
    While I don't doubt TT told you what you've reported, I wonder why they said it. I am running TT6 on my 700p and my wife's 650 (2GB SD cards in both cases). Prior to TT6, both devices were running TT5 on the same 2GB cards. The only speed difference we notice is it takes about 30-40 seconds for the Treo to connect to the GPS device with TT6 whereas with TT5 it was almost instantaneous.

I know others here have had problems with TT6, so maybe I'm just lucky.
    http://www.thehealthymom.com/wp-cont...tion/dunno.gif
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Does it work with 700p. I could not find if it does. Also would this be the best software or is there another out there maybe better. Just would like to know before I spend the money.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by toothman View Post

2. TomTom6 Will NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY, if at all, on a 2 gb sd card (TT5 did, but not 6). .
    Interesting.... I have TT6 running on both a 2Gb and 4Gb card with the full U.S. and Canada maps installed. It runs just fine. I just took a trip that was around 375 miles. It did take TT6 about 2 minutes to initially calculate the trip, but other than that it did just fine. I am using a Treo 650. The 2 minutes was probably due to the fact that I was moving through streets while it was trying to calculate. I think it was trying to re-route before it would finish the full route. On my trip I was able to find POI much, much easier than with TT5. Well worth the $50 upgrade.

I also have no problems connecting to my Delorme Blue Logger GPS receiver. It connects within 5 seconds. It may take up to 30 seconds to get full satellite access if it's a cold connect, but that is the same as it took with TT5.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    John H59. thanks for your comments. I'm glad you can get tt6 to work on larger sd cards. all works ok for me now so I'm not going fix it if it's not broke.
    When I was using TT5 and tried to plan a route while moving, it could take a long time to get a fix.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Marky. thanks for the comments. I'm glad you can run TT6 on larger sd cards. I'm not going to mess with it now 'cause all is working ok.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast