1.    #1  
    wow
    I have had my Treo 680 for two days and I have had probably 10 hard resets!
    The latest is in the phone app, going through the recent calls, I went to the menu and hit the Treo Tips and poof that was all it took, Another Hard reset.

I have Agendus Premier and "your Call" on here.. among other apps
    I am going to start elimimating apps

ughh... very buggy or just not happy with 3rd party apps
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It might have something to do with the way you installed the 3rd party apps? I have read of many problems associated with installing from previous backups or desktops instead of doing so-called "clean" installs. I can vouch for AgendusPre (v. 11.1) working. I use it all the time.
    Some have reported similar problems when they did not use the 680 installation CD. Hard reset and reinstall using that disc seemed to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    I have Agendus Premier and "your Call" on here.. among other apps
    I am going to start elimimating apps
    If you come to the conclusion that either of these is the culprit, please let me know, because we have both running perfectly on a 680 & I'd like to figure out why you're having problems with them.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    What the heck does this thread have to do with its title?: PALM OS powered by access thread. Don't you get screen this with any other type of reset (benign or not)? I thought so.
    Maybe I shouldn't say this... but I've never had a hard reset on my 650 or so far with the 680. How does one hard reset an NVFS machine? Randomly writing to ram??

Only crashes I've had out of the 680 so far were a bug in the new ZLauncher beta with recent apps (fixed) and when I tried to launch TomTom without fixing the Munich.bin file.

Only other scary part I had was trying PXAClocker, which seems to work fine until reset, then it won't wake back up. Or plugging in power while off, something.... Didn't feel like figuring out the exact circumstance.

And I just did a Resco Explorer backup and restore from my 650.
    I'm shocked you've never had to do a hard rest. I've only had to hard rest my 680 a couple of times and they were all my fault for trying software I knew was buggy. Here's Palm's Hard Reset instructions.
    Last edited by jessi_9783; 01/11/2007 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Wrong link.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    The device won't hard reset itself; you have to do it. I think the initial poster is confusing a soft reset (granted, not a requested one) with a hard reset.
    That makes sense, KRamsauer.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    I've had palms for a decade now (yikes!). Hard resets average about once a year, and that is when trying buggy software. This total excludes ones where I have to hard reset to upgrade the firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I'm shocked you've never had to do a hard rest. I've only had to hard rest my 680 a couple of times and they were all my fault for trying software I knew was buggy. Here's Palm's Hard Reset instructions.
    I've never had my Treo hard reset spontaneously (which perhaps is not what hte OP was saying) nor have I ever had to hard reset myself.

Bad software? Warm reset. Never failed me.

Wait.. I do take that back, ONE program absolutely would not let the Treo boot back up, warm reset or no. It would crash as soon as I launched any application, so I couldn't delete it. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore from what I understand, I don't want to be called a ***** over it so I won't mention the name.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Hard reset on the Treo 680? Nope! Mine has been very, very stable. It did reset while running an older game, but that's about it. Very cool.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I've never had my Treo hard reset spontaneously (which perhaps is not what hte OP was saying) nor have I ever had to hard reset myself.

Bad software? Warm reset. Never failed me.

Wait.. I do take that back, ONE program absolutely would not let the Treo boot back up, warm reset or no. It would crash as soon as I launched any application, so I couldn't delete it. It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore from what I understand, I don't want to be called a ***** over it so I won't mention the name.
    HeHe! Oh ok, I understand now. My 680 have never spontaneously hard reset on me either.
    ~Jessi~

Never had to do a hard reset on the 680.

Did it once for fun though.