1.    #1  
    I am using a Treo 700p. When attempting to sync to my corporate Exchange Server, I get an error that says "There was a problem syncing messages. Server certificate domain does not match server. Contact your administrator if this error persists." The details of the error list the error code of AirSAMStateMachine.c 530 4670. I have contacted my IT department they couldn't help me. Their recommendation was to purchase a new phone equipped with Windows Mobile Software. How do I solve this error?
    The problem is the server name in your server’s SSL certificate does not match the name of the server used to access mail. For example, if you put “myexchangesrvr.com” as your mail server, but the SSL certificate has something else, then the SSL connection will be rejected.
  3.    #3  
    Ok. As a end user, however, I don't know how to resolve this problem. This issue makes the program worthless. Especially if I can't self authenticate a certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by danfordj View Post
    Ok. As a end user, however, I don't know how to resolve this problem. This issue makes the program worthless. Especially if I can't self authenticate a certificate.
    It's one of two things, most likely. Either IT has misconfigured the SSL certificate on the server; probably by using a commercial certificate on a different machine than the one it was produced for....

Or, it's a self-signed cert that IT created itself, and used a wildcard in...

Effective with VersaMail 3.5 (and thus the 700p), self-signed certificates are NOT supported...only commercial certs from the specified list are...

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

If you need to rely on a self-signed cert, you will have to purchase an Exchange Activesync (or IMAP) enabled mail program to substitute for VersaMail: roadsync from DataViz, etc....(PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE VERIFIED THAT THIS WORKS WITH A SELF-SIGNED CERT.)
    I'm having the same problem (only we don't have an IT department at my company ... i'm the closest thing and the server is in my office) ... how do i get a secured certificate onto the server and attached to my outlook profile?
    Same issue here. Anyone, anyone???