1.    #1  
    Is there any software that will sync programs a little faster? I used to use a program on my M130 that was neat. I forgot what it was called, but the icon looked like a lightning bolt.

Ken
    I won't help you with finding that application, but you may try a different approach - use TreoCallLogTool to optimize your call log, which will significantly decrease the time of syncing the "Phone" application.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    My Treo 650 syncs really fast with the cable, in my opinion. At home I use bluetooth, and it takes a few minutes, but I just let it sync while I'm on the computer so it doesn't matter.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    There was a program that synced only files that had changed (supposedly making the process a lot faster), I believe, and a couple of others. I don't know if they are current but, perhaps a search on Palmgear will turn these up.
    The Program you are referring to is Pilot install. Works great.

http://envicon.de/e/pinstall/pinstall.html

Only hotsyncs the application.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post

The above site mentions up to Windows NT and OSX. Have you confirmed that this works on XP and the 700p? Any trouble with HotSync afterwards?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post

My recollection of PilotInstall was that it was a program allowing you to sync over a new .prc (typically that you have just downloaded) without having to sync all the other installed programs. Note: I never realized that it would sync applications. This might not be pte program that the OP was thinking about.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8.    #8  
    I downloaded Pilot install. It is the same program that I used to use with my older Palms. The advertisement didn't say it would work with XP, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Ken
    Tell us when you know if it works with XP...
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
  10.    #10  
    No. It's not working. It doesn't seem to be communicating with XP.

Ken
    It sounded useful.
    Works fine with windows XP. You need to copy the palmOneRemote.dll file, and the USBTransport.dll from the palm directory into the pinstall directory. Once you do that it works like a charm. Good luck
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
  13.    #13  
    I'll give that a try.

Ken