1.    #1  
    I searched the forums and found the program PocketDivxEncoder, and i encoded a movie, and it came out to be 246mb and then i went to Palm Desktop and added the file. I checked the file in the viewer of Palm Desktop, and the size read 896mb. Is there another method to adding media to your sd card? aside from using palm destop?

While adding the file there seemed to be a long progress bar, i thought it was just loading, but it was doing some conversion (i presume).

Anyone know the correct method of adding media? or whats happening?
  2.    #2  
    I don't know if bumping is allowed, but everyone seems to have no trouble adding videos, and i really want to try to add video.....i wonder if you are all using card readers. If thats the case, ill just buy one.
    I've never tried the method you used, but it sounds like there was a conversion being done. Use an SD card reader if you have one. If not, you can connect your Treo using your USB cable & run Softick Card Export II (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2) from the Treo. There's another program people have mentioned here recently, but I don't remember the name of it (you can find that one in one of the 8GB SD card threads).
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by capo031 View Post
    I don't know if bumping is allowed, but everyone seems to have no trouble adding videos, and i really want to try to add video.....i wonder if you are all using card readers. If thats the case, ill just buy one.
    heh...I was typing when you posted that. Try the alternate method I mentioned. It's not quite as fast as a dedicated card reader can be, but it works just fine for me.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've used Card Export for a long time to move things from my PC to my cards. Works great, but be sure to get the latest version for the Treo 680. The other ones cause endless loops ... found out the hard way! New version works fine, and they offer a free trial.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone for all your responses, i'll get the card export program.
    Quote Originally Posted by capo031 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your responses, i'll get the card export program.
    sure thing
    BTW, once you tell it to "Connect to Desktop," it will mount on your PC just like any other USB drive.
    Card readers are very cheap and are much faster. Well worth it if you are going to be regularly putting stuff onto your SD card.