1.    #1  
    Uploaded v1.1b1.

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoProc/TreoProc_User_Manual.html

Features and changes:

• Incorporates "Confirm Send" option with time-out.
    • Updated user interface and progress dialog.

If you already use TreoProc, please save the older version (just in case you have problems - there shouldn't be any)
  2.    #2  
    Uploaded TreoProc v1.1b2

Has critical bug-fixes.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Ive got a hold of a second SIM card for my old T600, so I can test out this more systematically now.

Granted that I'm only testing 1.0b4 and not your latest version (will do that tonight), Ive found that all aspects of SMS sending are working as designed, and without fail (positive results on about 15 tests all up, of the various possibilities).

A question: I use funSMS as my SMS program, and I never see any of the sent SMS messages appear anywhere. Is this the plan or some quirk of using funsMS?

cheers

geoff
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    A question: I use funSMS as my SMS program, and I never see any of the sent SMS messages appear anywhere. Is this the plan or some quirk of using funsMS?
    You must use the latest version... v1.1b2 (for now, v1.1b3 in the pipeline).

I don't know about funSMS, but TreoProc does not store SMSs on the phone. What use would it be to see your own message, for every missed call? In-fact, I even delibrately avoided any logging of missed calls in TreoProc.
  5.    #5  
    Uploaded v1.1b3

Features and changes:
    • Changed creator ID.
    • Integrated with system Security settings.

If you already use TreoProc, please save the older version (just in case you have problems - there shouldn't be any)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Uploaded v1.1b3

Features and changes:
    • Changed creator ID.
    • Integrated with system Security settings.
    SMS send in this version is working fine, and I set up send-confirmation option for first time, which works perfectly too. Security dialog box comes up after you save the pref settings.

Thks for listening!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  7.    #7  
    Security dialog box comes up after you save the pref settings.
    It is meant to work that way, to give the user the option to reset security level.

Try v1.1b4, uploaded just now.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    It is meant to work that way, to give the user the option to reset security level.

Try v1.1b4, uploaded just now.

- mvk
    In what TreoProc scenario would that option be helpful?

v1.1b4: with the 650/GSM version, there is now a glitch in the missed-call send on confirmation. If the caller hangs up, then TP doesnt send automatically after the designated # of secs, and also, if the receiver then chooses Cancel in the persistent dialog box, it doesnt cancel, but sends.

This also raises a question for me about how this worked in the previous version. In b3, the override of "Confirm send after x seconds" only applied to missed calls, not to ignored ones. That made sense to me- but I just want to check that is what the app is indeed meant to do.

In any case the wording of that option in the prefs would benefit from rewording, since it is confusing, e.g. I think you are using the word "only" in the emphatic sense, which is peculiar to Indian English (like "itself"), whereas in most other forms of English, "only" is used to denote restriction.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve with this option, then an alternative might be.

"Confirm send, but override after ...sec for Missed"

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  9.    #9  
    In what TreoProc scenario would that option be helpful?
    the sequence is:

1) Go to "Security" and set "Show Records"
    2) open TreoProc and complete configuration
    3) On exiting TreoProc, you can re-set Security preferences.
    4) The next time you open TreoProc with lower secuity, all conf. options will not be displayed.

v1.1b4: with the 650/GSM version, there is now a glitch in the missed-call send on confirmation. If the caller hangs up, then TP doesnt send automatically after the designated # of secs, and also, if the receiver then chooses Cancel in the persistent dialog box, it doesnt cancel, but sends.
    This is not a bug, but a consequence of the API calls used. And it happens in my phone too. Maybe I should change it. The Send/ Cancel buttons will remain fully operational for the number of seconds you set. But after that ANY button keypress will send the SMS.

For some reason, the key-press events don't get flushed immediately, and I suspect the Treo goes to sleep in the meanwhile. The key-press event otherwise happens automatically after 25-30 seconds.

This also raises a question for me about how this worked in the previous version. In b3, the override of "Confirm send after x seconds" only applied to missed calls, not to ignored ones. That made sense to me- but I just want to check that is what the app is indeed meant to do.
    It applies to all types of calls, in all releases.

In any case the wording of that option in the prefs would benefit from rewording, since it is confusing, e.g. I think you are using the word "only" in the emphatic sense, which is peculiar to Indian English (like "itself"), whereas in most other forms of English, "only" is used to denote restriction.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve with this option, then an alternative might be.
    Yeah, that I need to re-word properly, but space it at a premium here.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 01/12/2007 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Security: I still don't understand what sending SMSs has to do with concerns about the security level???

Confirmation settings: I hadnt understood how it was meant to work, but now that I do, I would prefer the following response options, if possible (assuming the Confirm send box has been checked)

1. Ignored call: Confirmation box comes up and stays up indefinitely. Receiver has option of: send or cancel. Since "ignored" only becomes operational if the the call receiver physically pressed "ignore" or red button, it means they are aware of what is going on, and no further intervention from TreoProc is required.

2. Missed call. Receiver may or may not be aware of what is happening. Confirmation box comes up for the designated # of secs. If receiver is aware of call, then they get the advantage of x seconds to decide whether to send/not send SMS. If not aware, then confirmation box disappears after x Secs, but most importantly, the SMS is sent automatically WITHOUT needing any further button press. The next button press in many situations could be a matter of hours away, so the benefit of the program is severely compromised.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  11.    #11  
    Security: I still don't understand what sending SMSs has to do with concerns about the security level???
    Did you try it out at all?

1. Ignored call: Confirmation box comes up and stays up indefinitely. Receiver has option of: send or cancel. Since "ignored" only becomes operational if the the call receiver physically pressed "ignore" or red button, it means they are aware of what is going on, and no further intervention from TreoProc is required.
    I thought that TreoProc should not require extra user intervention to function. The time-out applies for ignored calls as well.

2. Missed call. Receiver may or may not be aware of what is happening. Confirmation box comes up for the designated # of secs. If receiver is aware of call, then they get the advantage of x seconds to decide whether to send/not send SMS. If not aware, then confirmation box disappears after x Secs, but most importantly, the SMS is sent automatically WITHOUT needing any further button press. The next button press in many situations could be a matter of hours away, so the benefit of the program is severely compromised.
    Like I mentioned in my previous post, the time-out happens after the designated number of seconds. BUT ON SOME OCCASSIONS, IT TIMES OUT AFTER 25-30 seconds.

Try it. It TIMES-OUT IN EVERY CASE, but for some reason, sometimes the time-out is longer (upto 30 secs) than set by the user.

Your understanding of this is correct, only, the unexpectedly longer than preset time-out is confusing you.

-mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Security: Ok, I get it now.

Time-out:

Ignored calls: np, no real issue if it times out.....but on my phone, it doesnt, neither for Missed calls. Ive set the over-ride to 9 secs, and even 5 minutes after pressing Ignore, or after the caller hangs up, the Confirmation dialog box remains up. When I press "cancel", the SMS is sent, which means that unless youre very quick...you cant cancel.

I use Takephone, maybe that complicates things, but as I reported earlier the time-out did work with b3, at least for Missed calls.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  13.    #13  
    Time-out:

Ignored calls: np, no real issue if it times out.....but on my phone, it doesnt, neither for Missed calls. Ive set the over-ride to 9 secs, and even 5 minutes after pressing Ignore, or after the caller hangs up, the Confirmation dialog box remains up. When I press "cancel", the SMS is sent, which means that unless youre very quick...you cant cancel.

I use Takephone, maybe that complicates things, but as I reported earlier the time-out did work with b3, at least for Missed calls.

cheers
    I have TAKEphONE (trial) too, and I have no problems. I'll fix this in a subsequent release (it works for me, though). You have to press "Cancel" before the timeout.

I suggest you use the latest release (v1.1b4) as it has a lot of other modifications.

- mvk
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    I have TAKEphONE (trial) too, and I have no problems. I'll fix this in a subsequent release (it works for me, though). You have to press "Cancel" before the timeout.

I suggest you use the latest release (v1.1b4) as it has a lot of other modifications.

- mvk
    Just for clarification, the no-time-out problem was with b4. Since my last message I left the Confirmation box on screen for 30mins, and it never timed out; after that I called to my phone, and at least the dialog-box's presence didnt stop the call coming in.

good luck with the fix

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  15.    #15  
    Uploaded v1.1b5

Features and Changes:
    • "Enable TreoProc" checkbox is enabled only if the system privacy settings allow.
    • Solved the problem where the "Confirm Message To:" Alert Box was not dismissed immediately after time-out.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    great. it does what its meant to now. the bigger message being sent' box is nice too.
    cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.