Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    On a whim, I decided to install UnCache today on my 680 to see if it would work and help improve my boot time. (It's always been slow, better on the 680 but was really hurrendous on my 650 due to all the apps installed)

As a side affect, I've noticed that most of my stuttering has disappeared. While playing games, any stuttering was almost perceivable versus before where I would have 3-5 second lags

Granted I've only had it loaded for a couple hours, but as of yet no side affect.

Stuff I have UnCache notify of a reset
    xpressmail, butler, cradlecare, Lightwav2, kblight, zlauncher, keycaps, 2day, backup, cleanup, datebk6, graffiti anywhere, mcphling, ptunes, reset doctor, uninstall, verichat.

YMMV but give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any stuttering (yet), but what is UnCache?
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    On a whim, I decided to install UnCache today on my 680 to see if it would work and help improve my boot time. ...
    Thanks for the suggestion. (I hadn't realized that such an app existed.) I'll want to research this further before making the plunge and trying it out on my 700p.

The URL for Unchache is:
    http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....showpage&pid=9
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    unCache allows you to select what applications get notified of a reset. The OS by default notifies all apps of a reset and for me, with >200 apps installed my treo, it takes a long time to boot up. Some 3 minutes.

After installing UnCache, my boot time is back to almost factory.

I've been using it for 2 days now and it definately has reduced my stuttering. I won't say it has gone away, but I'm able to play games and instead of the 3-5sec stutter every 2 minutes, I only see small jerks about every 10 minutes. and maybe once or twice an hour, I'll see a 2 second stutter.

seems my battery times have improved by I'm not going to claim that since usage is not identical so it's hard to normalize. I do know that normally by lunch I'm usually at 77%. Last 2 days, by lunch I'm still at 85%.