1.    #1  
    I currently have a T-Mobile Treo 600 on T-Mobile.

To make a long story short, my fiance is on Cingular and we use a lot of minutes talking to each other, so I'm switching to Cingular for the mobile to mobile minutes.

So, it seems there are tons of problems with the 680 and the 650 seems much more stabilized at the moment. I am better of going with a 650 or a 680?

Thanks!
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymellowman View Post
    I currently have a T-Mobile Treo 600 on T-Mobile.

To make a long story short, my fiance is on Cingular and we use a lot of minutes talking to each other, so I'm switching to Cingular for the mobile to mobile minutes.

So, it seems there are tons of problems with the 680 and the 650 seems much more stabilized at the moment. I am better of going with a 650 or a 680?

Thanks!
    650. However, if you decide on a 680, make me an offer. In the opened box. Comes with a 1G SD card and a Palm music kit.
    If you are NOT a power user, the T650.

But if you are a power user, THE T680 is SO MUCH MORE STABLE... the battery issue is strange but in my case it has finally stabilized...

I truly do love the phone... (tho that iphone... lol)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  4. lms
    I am on cingular, and got a 650 as soon as they came out. Had it for 2 years and was pretty happy with it. I just got a 680 the other day, and am debating whether to return it due to the battery problems. The 680 feels nicer in hand, and has a noticeably better phone, but I can't get through a work day without having the battery just about die. I have the phone on, bluetooth on, connected to the network and chattermail running - this is what I require. The 650 could do all that with no problem.
  5.    #5  
    If Seido's battery, when it ships out, adds twice the life to the 680 would you consider it worthwhile then?
  6. lms
    "If Seido's battery, when it ships out, adds twice the life to the 680 would you consider it worthwhile then?"

As long is it's not a goiter-sized slab hanging off the back, yes.

I gotta tell ya though, after yesterday, I'm even closer to returning the 680 and using the 650 till I can buy an iPhone!
  7.    #7  
    I'm ecstatic about the iphone at the moment, but I realistcally know I can't really swing it for a year or so as the price points are a little beyond what I feel is reasonable for myself.

I called up about the promotion of the 680 for $75 and they said it runs until the end of the month, so I'm keeping an eye out and hoping that maybe Palm will issue a ROM update soon and leave me feeling comfortable getting the 680.

Thanks for the input.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    In spite of what people are saying, the 680 has been the best of all my Treos. The battery life has been getting better and better. The IPhone looks neat, but what software will it run?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Boy that IPhone looks good, but just remember, what glitters is not always gold. The thing I notice right off the bat was the fact that it has no removalbe storage, like an SD card. I think that even 8 meg is going to be indadequate for what they are saying its going to be able to do. I have the treo 680 and its a great improvement over the 650. The bluetooth works better, the operating system is more stable, it's lighter and smaller, without having a smaller screen, and the storage is limited only by the size of the SD cards. I can see the Treo having 16 meg of storage by the time the IPhone comes out, when you consider removable storage. With those caveats, my wife said that yesterday while I was looking at Apple.com was the only time she's seen me look at something with more lust than when she comes out in her latest purchase from Victoria Secret.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    In spite of what people are saying, the 680 has been the best of all my Treos. The battery life has been getting better and better. The IPhone looks neat, but what software will it run?
    I am glad to hear a more positive thought on the 680. Much of the talk so far has left me wondering if I should even bother leaving my 600, though EDGE and Bluetooth would be fantastic additions.
    Quote Originally Posted by lms View Post
    I am on cingular, and got a 650 as soon as they came out. Had it for 2 years and was pretty happy with it. I just got a 680 the other day, and am debating whether to return it due to the battery problems. The 680 feels nicer in hand, and has a noticeably better phone, but I can't get through a work day without having the battery just about die. I have the phone on, bluetooth on, connected to the network and chattermail running - this is what I require. The 650 could do all that with no problem.
    Bluetooth is probably what is killing your battery life. If you need chattermail, iphone is probably not going to work for you.

I have a 680 as my second phone for my international travel. There is no doubt in my mind that 680 is significantly better than the 650. I would take the 680 over 650 any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki View Post
    Boy that IPhone looks good, but just remember, what glitters is not always gold. The thing I notice right off the bat was the fact that it has no removalbe storage, like an SD card. I think that even 8 meg is going to be indadequate for what they are saying its going to be able to do. I have the treo 680 and its a great improvement over the 650. The bluetooth works better, the operating system is more stable, it's lighter and smaller, without having a smaller screen, and the storage is limited only by the size of the SD cards. I can see the Treo having 16 meg of storage by the time the IPhone comes out, when you consider removable storage. With those caveats, my wife said that yesterday while I was looking at Apple.com was the only time she's seen me look at something with more lust than when she comes out in her latest purchase from Victoria Secret.
    People are consistently comparing the 8G on the iPhone to the 8M on the 650. Then they use that to comment on the absence of external storage. Is this accidental or malicious?

To put 8G in context, first the iPhone is "external" storage as seen by my PC and my PC is external storage to the iPhone. Second, I have had my iPod for three years. I have a big (classical) music collection, two dozen audio books, and hundreds of podcasts. So far, I have used less than 3G of my 40G device.

The Apple web site is silent on whether the iPhone uses solid-state or rotating storage. Any bets?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I've had mine a month now. The 680 is great. After reading the forums here, I conditioned my battery right out of the box. No problem getting through the day. Most of the time I'm over 50%. I charge it every night. At, the $75 price I got, it is a no-brainer!

...and. After loading my 680 up, I love seeing 41megs of goodness left. Try that on a 650.

Give it a ride for $75 bucks. Return it if it doesn't do the job!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    People are consistently comparing the 8G on the iPhone to the 8M on the 650. Then they use that to comment on the absence of external storage. Is this accidental or malicious?

To put 8G in context, first the iPhone is "external" storage as seen by my PC and my PC is external storage to the iPhone. Second, I have had my iPod for three years. I have a big (classical) music collection, two dozen audio books, and hundreds of podcasts. So far, I have used less than 3G of my 40G device.

The Apple web site is silent on whether the iPhone uses solid-state or rotating storage. Any bets?
    It is solid state....100% sure.
  15.    #15  
    Has anyone gone from the 600 to the 680? I'm. wondering if the battery drain is somewhat similiar as myy drain is very dependent on how much I push it.