1.    #1  
    Sometimes my 650 doesn't recognize the SD card. I have to take it out and put it back in, and then it sees it. It seems that after I download a program to the card then the unit doesn't recognize the card. Any suggestions?

Ken
    Hmmmm.... does this occur with all SD cards used in your 650?

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
  3.    #3  
    I've only used the one card, so I don't know how it will it do.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by khawn View Post
    Sometimes my 650 doesn't recognize the SD card. I have to take it out and put it back in, and then it sees it. It seems that after I download a program to the card then the unit doesn't recognize the card. Any suggestions?

Ken
    I have seen this on a lot of Palm devices. On occasion, I even have had to reboot before the card would be recognized. I have used a SanDisk 32MB, a 1GB Lexar Media, and a 2GB Ativa card. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen (on the 650, TX, and Lifedrive). I don't remember if it has happened on the 680, but I have "other" issues with SD cards on the 680 (only with the 2GB card), which apparently not everyone is seeing.
    The wise man breaks wind and is gone... - J. Tull
    Just happened this morning... MobileCLOCK fired off an alarm with the wrong alarm sound. My daily wakeup alarm sound in MobileCLOCK is an mp3 and it somehow played an unfamilair sound...

After some investigation and testing I was able to duplicate the problem by removing the SD card before the alarm fired and MobileCLOCK used the unfamiliar alarm sound.

Even though the SD card was not physically removed originally this morning as it is behind the 680 side SD card door it had somehow become unmounted as far as the system was concerned, so I installed CardKeeper v1.3.1 and checked off Attempt Card Re-mount and so far so good.

I did NOT check off Soft Reset to Recover Card...

Anyway, so far so good.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have had 4 700p's that have had this issue. The issue is known by plam as a hardware issue where the reader stops working causing the card to become unrecognized. I have been told it is anything from a conflict with the software and hardware to my card is bad and I have to use a vzw sd card and it will work. The only work around I have found is that I have to physically remove the card and reinsert it. I do this anywhere from 2-5 times a day. I have used 6 different cards and have settled for the sandisk ultra II 1 gig. It seems to have the least issues. The really frustrating part is when I am editing something through docs to go that is stored on a card and the card just stops being read. That's always fun.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I have a Treo 700wx and came across this thread.
    I get the same problem and thought it wasa faulty card and ordered a new one Oh well, at least I upgraded from a 2gb to a 4gb card.
    Hopefully, the problem goes away...
  8.    #8  
    It seems that I lose connection with the card after downloading something. Maybe the 650 wasn't designed to handle a 2 gig card.

Ken