View Poll Results: What color app launcher do you use?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Built-in launcher

12 14.29%
  • Lauch'em beta

36 42.86%
  • Silverscreen with Chromacast

26 30.95%
  • MegaLauncher II

9 10.71%
  • LauncherLight

1 1.19%
  • GoBar

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Launch 'Em is definitely the best for me. Tabs, like everyone else, but also the gadgets. I love being able to get to the network prefs to launch my wireless connection with just one tap. Silverscreen looks interesting, but themes really don't do anything for me.
    Talldog
    For now, I'm going to stick with Launch'Em on my Prism.

The author of the excellent (and free) Launcher III, upon which Launch'Em is based, is apparently developing a new launcher from the ground up. That's the one I'm waiting for...
    In my post above, I referred to the new Launcher III 2.0. It has now been released and it's definitely worth a trial. It's FREE too. The URL is http://www.benc.hr/lnchiii.htm
    I tried Launch 'Em and then deleted it because I didn;t know hot to make it the "default" launcher. When I fired up my Prism, it would start the normal launcher and then I would have to switch to Launche 'Em. Then when I hit the "back to menu" button, it would go back to the normal launcher.

If I could figure out how to avoid those problems, I would robably switch back.
  5. pjs
    Don't replace, just enhance:

Built in launcher / Category Hack / McPhling

I find this combo works the best for me. The only thing I don't like is long delay when accessing Info, Category, or Delete functions. Filez helps out in some of those areas too.
    How does the new version of Launcher III compare to Launch 'Em?

-cnegrad
    "Jazz is an art in which the risks
    are great, the rewards subtle."
    -Don Grolnick
    I love Launcher III, the latest version. It's free, has the tabs & works great for me. How come it's not included in the poll?

Barb
    Ok, based on some your posts I tried the new Launcher III and I'm not impressed. Launch Em still has them beat, hands down. Yes, Launcher III is way better than using the built-in launcher, but Launch Em's features are beyond anything Launcher III has accomplished in their recent release. Sorry, but I don't get it.

My only wish for Launch Em is that their graphics were more high-tech; along the lines of MegaLauncher II. I love MegaLauncher's look, but find it's performance seriously buggy.

-cnegrad
    -Don Grolnick
    Ok, based on some your posts I tried the new Launcher III and I'm not impressed. Launch Em still has them beat, hands down. Yes, Launcher III is way better than using the built-in launcher, but Launch Em's features are beyond anything Launcher III has accomplished in their recent release. Sorry, but I don't get it.
    I think the real question is whether you think the added functionality of Launch 'Em over Laucher III is worth $10--for me the answer is definitely no. Yes, Launch 'Em has a few more bells and whistles, but not everyone needs or wants all of that. In combination with a few free hacks, Launcher III does almost everything that Launch 'Em does. And did I mention that it's FREE?
    Ipas, which hacks do you use with Launcher III and what do they do?

Thanks,

Barb
    Barb --- The only hack that I use together with Launcher III is McPhling, which is very similar to the Launch' Em AppHack. McPhling allows you to bring up a list of commonly/recently used apps with a single pen swipe. Return to the most recently used app with a different swipe. To be honest, this is all that I think I need (in terms of the added functions that Launch Em provides). I want my tabs at the top--don't like them at the bottom or on the sides. Launch Em's ability--for instance--to display individual databases on your screen, is nice but extremely limited in that very few programs (none of the ones that I use) support this function. If I want to organize my app icons manually, I can use Launcher III's rename function and begin each name with a number. I could go on, but you get the idea.
    For me, I love having Launch 'Em's tabs running down the side. That way I can access many more of them with a single tap than I can with Launcher III's across-the-top-only method.

I also love that you can hide any application you want by sticking it in a tab with the "Hidden" attribute.

Add to that it's full color customization, and LaunchEm's a beautiful thing. No, it's not free. But for this level of programming, I'm willing to pay. Same goes for other remarkable apps like DateBk4, Wordsmith, Noter, Daynotez, etc.

Just my two cents...

Best regards,
    -cnegrad
    -Don Grolnick
    [Q]I also love that you can hide any application you want by sticking it in a tab with the "Hidden" attribute.[/Q]

cne, FYI--Launcher III does this too.

I agree with you, by the way about apps like DateBk4. I'm also willing to pay for really good apps, as long as I know that I can justify the price (and memory footprint) by making good use of the features. Have never once regretted the $ spent on BackUpBuddy!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12