1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I am getting frustrated with the treo dropping the GPS signal frequently after 2 minutes. I am using an i-blue GPS bluetooth receiver, which is excellent in terms of performance.
    I think its the problem with the treo 650. Its a cingular one, upgraded to the latest firmware. I am using Tomtom Navigator 5 running off the SD card.Has any one else faces this problem? Any tips?
    Thanks!
    -Sandeep.
    Same thing happens to me. I have the new version i-blue GPS. The thing disconnects randomly. Happens very frequently and takes time to re-detect the GPS, where I have to select from nearby bluetooth devices. If I use the GPS with my Pocket PC, no disconnects.

My old bluetooth GPS never disconnected. Seems that the I-blue and Treo just don't work good together.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by bsandeep7 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am getting frustrated with the treo dropping the GPS signal frequently after 2 minutes. I am using an i-blue GPS bluetooth receiver, which is excellent in terms of performance.
    I think its the problem with the treo 650. Its a cingular one, upgraded to the latest firmware. I am using Tomtom Navigator 5 running off the SD card.Has any one else faces this problem? Any tips?
    Thanks!
    -Sandeep.
    I bought the iTrek and a WinTec WBT 100 and 200, and the iTrek worked fine, but dropped the BT connection maybe once an hour. The WinTecs never dropped, so I just returned the iTrek one and got another WinTec. I was looking forward to using the auto-off feature of the iTrek, but I'd rather have my GPS not drop the connection :-)

Thanks,
    Peter
    For what it's worth, my Garmin GPS 10 drops the connection a couple of times an hour. I get a voice message on the Treo: "Lost satellite connection" but it re-establishes the connection right away so it doesn't affect the system operation.
    I Geocache with my Holux 236 very often, and use navigator, earth comber, etc, off an on, and never have dropouts that I've noticed. Only time I've seen Navigator gripe about the GPS connection was when I had no satellites in view. My 236 does extremely well indoors, but there are some places in my house which block the signal pretty well and when I was first tinkering with Navigator I noticed it a bit. Never noticed it on the road, however.