1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten this java app to work on the Treo 700p? It was just released and looks really really slick:

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go

http://mobile.yahoo.com/
    I just tried and I get a message saying "There are no plans to support Yahoo!go 2.0 for your phone. I have a Sprint 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I just tried and I get a message saying "There are no plans to support Yahoo!go 2.0 for your phone. I have a Sprint 700p.

Indeed! Just checked.. no Treos anywhere on there. VZW 700p owner
    Yeah, apparently java on the Palm sucks monkey &#*@.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    does yahoo!go work for treo 700w? i tried it and it says, not currently available for windows mobile 5.0. has anybody tried it?
    Just tried it with Opera mini, hoping.... but denied.
    Can anyone download it with another phone and post it here?

Maybe it won't work but I'd like to at least try installing it.
    Doesn't work with PalmOS or some versions of Java implemented on some phones.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Near as I can tell, Yahoo Go 2.0 only works with phones that use the Blackberry RIM operating system - it doesn't work with Palm OS, WM5-PPC or WM5-Smartphone edition. Leave it to Yahoo to deliver push email functionality to Blackberry devices! Brilliant!
    I certainly do hope they create a version that is compatible with the Treo. From looking at some of the features it looks like a pretty cool application.
    Has anyone gotten Yahoo Go 2.0 to work on a 700p or 700w(x)?? Why would Yahoo pull support for the Windows platform??
    Just discovered this via a message in my Yahoo e-mail box...looks like it could give Handmark Express a run for its money. I sure hope Yahoo makes a Palm/Access OS and Pocket PC version of this app.
    This thing looks so cool, why we don't get a Plam or a PPC version is beyond me. Although, I just finished reading the Wired article about all of Yahoo's gafs, and it doesn't surprise me at all anymore. Makes Palm look like geniouses
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Well this just gives us more reason to support Google. Granted they don't have a app like that. They did give us gmaps and the mail client.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Well this just gives us more reason to support Google. Granted they don't have a app like that. They did give us gmaps and the mail client.
    Well, I've used Y! Go 2.0 (the new one) on a BlackBerry and it's pretty nice. You can do emails (and keep them in sync) as well as Yahoo Maps (including driving directions), finance, etc. It also has search of course where they scale down the resulting wep pages for you (yes I know Google did this first). It also breaks the searches down into regular web pages and WAP pages. You can sync your address book as well.

There are some shortcomings like no support for Calendar (maybe this will be coming). You can search your mail (very nice) but can't explicitly view your sub-folders.

I imagine it will be getting better and hopefully they support Palm OS and WM soon. Y! Go 1.0 supported WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    I would love to see Google combine their apps for Palm OS...Google PalmTop!!