1.    #1  
    Hello

I have a Treo 700p with Sprint, and I noticed today that every time I hang up after dialing *2 on the phone, the radio turns off (it says Phone Off in the upper left corner). If I wait for about 30 seconds, the radio turns back on and things seem fine again. I called tech support and she said she would flag the account for a PRL update (currently 20224).

Is this normal behavior? I wouldn't think so, but if it is expected I don't want to spend a bunch of time troubleshooting something that is normal behavior.

Thanks for your help
    AC
    at the time, yes it is 'normal' behaviour but it is not the treo's fault. this does not happen on verison (as far as I know). this is a sprint version firmware that is the issue. I would expect for it to be fixed in the next version of the ROM. when I first got the treo it was rather annoying since I would call sprint a lot about stuff... but since then I don't even know it because I rarely call them anymore... I would lose too much sleep over it nor lose too much heart in palm... there are some issues with the treo that are palms fault but this issue (i think) is more of sprints fault.. my 2
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I have had this happen to me on my Sprint 700p as well. I do not call often and do not recall it happening on my old 700p which was replaced with a new one.
    Happens to me, but not every single time. What makes matters worse is, that if you are using a BT headset (mine=Motorola H300) it will sometimes cause a quirky connection with the headset and you have to soft-reset to get the BT connection going again.

Spoke with Sprint "Blackberry or Treo" support and they said something about a firmware issue.

I also have a 650 and this problem has never occurred on it.

However, here is a temporary workaround. Instead of *2, use 888.211.4727. Supposedly a free call, according to tech support.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #5  
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I'm glad it's not just my phone. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to make sure that my phone wasn't broken.

thanks
    AC
    this happens as well on the 700wx. I think it's is by design. I don't think it will change with the rom updates.
    I 2nd that. Call 8882114727.
    Actually, this is smarter programming on the part of Palm for the Sprint phone. You see, Sprint updates your PRL through *2, and a PRL update will require a restart of the phone application to go into full effect. Therefore, everytime you call *2, they can update your phone and you won't have to soft reset, just wait until your phone turns on again.

Admittedly, though, it does seem to take a while sometimes, could be due to lag issues.