1.    #1  
    I am trying to remove Butler from my treo. However, on one file I keep getting an error: Database: database protected (Dm 021B).

How do I remove this file? The damn thing is 150k.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    It's been my experience that you have to first delete the app. Then once you delete the app the associated files lose their "association" to the app. But, you still have to do a soft reset, kind of a *****-slap to tell those little boogers that they don't belong anymore. Then, after the soft reset, you should be able to delete them.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Soft reset didnt work for me.
    Two words Dude/Dudette: Uninstall Manager. But I really recommend NeatPack Pack for keeping a clean and tidy system.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    Soft reset didnt work for me.
    Do a warm reset, and then delete Butler while you are within the warm reset.

It should work 100%, BUT make sure you know what a warm reset is, how to do it, and how to confirm you are in a warm reset, if it does not work.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Do a warm reset, and then delete Butler while you are within the warm reset.

It should work 100%, BUT make sure you know what a warm reset is, how to do it, and how to confirm you are in a warm reset, if it does not work.
    That begs the question. Warm reset vs a Soft reset? I am at a loss.
    Soft rest is just removing the battery and putting it back in. Here is info on the Warm Reset.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The way to remove Butler is to disable it first. If you go to the menu button on the far right hand corner of the phone and hit that and then the 'D' key, you can disable the program. Only then, can you delete it.

Hope this helps!
    Photios' answer is correct. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by photios View Post
    The way to remove Butler is to disable it first. If you go to the menu button on the far right hand corner of the phone and hit that and then the 'D' key, you can disable the program. Only then, can you delete it.

Hope this helps!
    I had assumed this had already been done

Perhaps not, in which case, well done to you for spoting the possible problem
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by kryichek View Post
    That begs the question. Warm reset vs a Soft reset? I am at a loss.
    Have you tried the search function on here, or even google

Here is the result of a google search on "palm warm reset"

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...alm+warm+reset

Easy if you try
    Thought of the day :
    The link I posted goes directly to Palm's instructions on how do a Warm reset on the 680.
    ~Jessi~