1.    #1  
    I just got my 700p (Sprint) and I'm finding a few quirks after only light usage. Im unclear if they're sort of standard for this model, or if I should swap this out for the 700wx (even though I am a mac user). Then again, maybe these are just Treo issues I need to live with on any model? Maybe there are tricks to solve these probems? Anyway, I'd love feedback and help with this stuff... i've read through the forum, and there's a lot of conflicting reports so...well...here goes:

- Audio sounds like there's a noise gate, or limiter cutting in and out like a speakerphone when there's ambient noise (ie. TV on with low volume in the background of my incoming call). This is really distracting to me for normal conversations where both parties are in doors.

- When I unplug the earphones from the mini jack plug the call drops.

- Using the packaged earphones, the audio quality has an echo, or sounds more like speake

- Speakerphone audio makes the caller sound like they've got a broken nose, or a face stuff in a pillow. Oddly, there's more clarity to the call, despite the nasal quality to the incoming voice.

- Google searches/ Yahoo email on Blazer gives partial results and then doubles them. As I scroll down I see the top three listings pop up again. Scrolling down seems funny to begin with,

- Incoming text messages move to the front interupting whatever I'm doing. Frusterating, especially if they're spam.

- Signing into Yahoo on Blazer, then signing out, I can't sign in under another account. The previous accounts emails come up instead.

- I can't find an equals sign. I know it's hiding in key caps, but why isn't there an equals sign??

- Is there a status bar for Blazer? Hard to tell when it's lagging from a weak signal or frozen, otherwise.

- I get an Error: 403 message when trying to download JavaVMM off the Palm site, saying I don't have permission.

- Is there a way to get rid of clutter of on-demand and the other pay options? I'm never going to use that stuff.

- Can we customize the icons or use skins somehow? The Palm looks a little too "My First PDA", which okay fine, it IS my first PDA, but still, it makes me envy those awful windows icons on the 700wx.

Any insight? Thanks for taking the time to offer advice and suggestions.
    Hi Blipstutter!

Welcome to the Treo and to TreoCentral!

I have been using a Palm PDA for 10 years, so yes, I hear you: for me -- the Treo 700P is my best Palm PDA yet -- and oh ya -- it has this phone thingie in it.

You will find the "=" sign in a drop down menu by pressing the option key, then "B" which gets you the "#" sign and then pressing the alt key, which gives you several alternatives. (Just discovered that pressing option, S, alt gives you the same menu and, why . . . looky there -- so does option, W, alt.) (I learn something new everyday!)

Also, select "Keyboard Help" from the edit menu of most applications where you are can type and you will get a list of some special alpha character look ups.

Sound Quality has been fine for me, have you tried adjusting your volume down?

I like On Demand -- I used HandMark Express on my 650. If you do not want to see the icon -- just create a category -- for the icons you do want to see and then set that as your default category.

I am sure others will jump in on your other questions.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2007 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hi Blipstutter!

You will find the "=" sign in a drop down menu by pressing the option key, then "B" which gets you the "#" sign and then pressing the alt key, which gives you several alternatives. (Just discovered that pressing option, S, alt gives you the same menu and, why . . . looky there -- so does option, W, alt.) (I learn something new everyday!)
    Cheers, Perry.

Jedi Master Perry,

Just pressing "alt" displays a whole slew of choices as well.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Jedi Master Perry,

Just pressing "alt" displays a whole slew of choices as well.

It's the same slew of choices with 2 less key strokes!!!!!!

Oh Obi Wan, Yoda says: -- wisdom, hide not these nuggets you will.
  5.    #5  
    Pressing the alt key? Not working for me, but I figured the must be a cure for that one. Not as convenient as I'd like, but I could get used to it.

The other stuff worries me, especially the call cutting out when pulling the headphones out of the jack.

Thanks for the help!