View Poll Results: Who of you guys is getting a Treo 750?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Most definitely

7 28.00%
  • No - I like my Treo 650

18 72.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Who of you guys is getting a Treo 750?
    This is missing the other obvious option of the 680, which is still a meager upgrade from the 650 -- though it's made my Treo experience much more trouble free /despite/ the bugs -- but not as feature-rich (or e$pen$iv$) as the 750.
    The most obvious choice is "Wrong Forum."
    700p
    Just because I perversely like to keep things on topic I will say that as soon as Palm releases the unlocked version of the 750 I will buy one to use on T-Mobile. Ummm, unless I jump to a 700wx on Sprint first.
    If Palm came out with a 750p, I would consider it, but a Windows-based Treo? No.
    Kenji
    I'd like to see what Crossbow has to offer in mid-2007 before I divorce myself from my 650.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    I'd like to see what Crossbow has to offer in mid-2007 before I divorce myself from my 650.

It's possible, if not probable, that by that time ALP (Access Linux Platform) will be in use.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd thought I'd mention it.

I have not yet seen WM 5.0 in action (much less Crossbow, or WM 6.0), but have been decidedly unimpressed with previous versions and do not really want lots of processor-greedy multitasking on my handheld devices.

In most cases, I want the application to suspend in the background rather than keep running, stealing processor cycles and slowing everything down. Of course, there are exceptions, such as the phone and data connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    It's possible, if not probable, that by that time ALP (Access Linux Platform) will be in use.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd thought I'd mention it.

I have not yet seen WM 5.0 in action (much less Crossbow, or WM 6.0), but have been decidedly unimpressed with previous versions and do not really want lots of processor-greedy multitasking on my handheld devices.

In most cases, I want the application to suspend in the background rather than keep running, stealing processor cycles and slowing everything down. Of course, there are exceptions, such as the phone and data connections.
    ALP.... I totally forgot about that possibility! 2007 should be an interesting year for mobile technology!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I want a Palm device, better than the 680. The 750 is Windows based. So maybe if they come out with a 780p, then I'll get that.

Im getting my wife an iPhone.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    no windows based for me.

My treo keyboard broke 2 wks ago and is being repaired and I have struggled with a Cingular "loaner" 8525 for the past two weeks. Miserable. Cool device. Absolute lack of useability.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Um, no. Why no iPhone choice?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I am actually going to give up the 680 to try the 750. Since I will be able to return the 680 (thanks Cingular) I figured I would give it a try. I am in NY on business but will be picking it up on Saturday. If I am not happy with the 750, then it will go back and I will get the 680 again...LOL.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    Um, no. Why no iPhone choice?
    Maybe because it's actually still vaporware? Personally, I think iPhone has a lot of promise, but there are nagging questions:
    • Legal issues with Cisco
    • Scratch resistance of display
    • Cost, frankly... for the intended market
    • Whether user add-on applications will even be possible
    • usability of pop-up keyboard for things like email, IM, and SMS
    • What real onboard functionality of PIM apps will be, versus iPod model of only syncing to device and treating it as mostly read-only once it's there.

I think it's a cool, sexy device. At the end of the day, I need functionality. iPhone holds a lot of promise, but only once we get our hands on them will we begin to really understand what it offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    I am actually going to give up the 680 to try the 750. Since I will be able to return the 680 (thanks Cingular) I figured I would give it a try. I am in NY on business but will be picking it up on Saturday. If I am not happy with the 750, then it will go back and I will get the 680 again...LOL.
    Funny I think my decision to go with the 750 would be much easier if it didn't run WM. Palm... wake up and bring us an alternative to that crap! The only real reason people live with it now is because they can get EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji View Post
    If Palm came out with a 750p, I would consider it, but a Windows-based Treo? No.
    The 750p is called the 680.
    750P, thought about the iPhoney for a short time, now back to senses when realize all it's shortcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The 750p is called the 680.
    Well... I don't think I'd go that far. 680 isn't 3G. POS can't do 3G... cause it's seriously lacking in modern OS features. I know people are taking to calling the iPhone "iPhoney" but whatever that devices winds up being, it WILL be based on a real modern OS. Palm still can't throw that back in anyone's face... except their own for having sold out to Microsoft. And the sad part is that they pretty much had to do it in order to accomplish 3G.
  19.    #19  
    I just got my Treo 750 today and I was amazed at how light it is!!! It's on the charger right now, as the battery needs to be trained properly. I can't wait to play around with it later, though. Is the rule still to charge the battery for 8 hours or just to the point where the green light indicator comes on to let me know it's fully charged?
    I love my Treo 650. The only thing I missing is Wifi. I don't like Windows, Palm is much better for me. When palm have Wifi I take the decision otherwise I still my Treo 650.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast