1.    #1  
    I just installed the tether hack and pdanet. When I connect either via bluetooth or usb, it connects and I start downloading via my laptop but after 30-60 seconds it disconnects. Is this due to the fact that I am running a trial of PDAnet?

I read the tether hack thread, I followed the instructions for that but I am not sure what to do after I get the prc file installed. I know I am suppose to install some modem, I just do not know how. Any help?
    Why did you install the tether hack and PDANet? If you installed PDANet, you don't need that hack. If you installed the hack, you don't need PDANet. One or the other.
  3.    #3  
    Well I was confused. I couldn't find instructions on how to do the tether hack. I never could figure how to do the tether hack and install the modem on my pc to connect.

Anyways, any idea why it is disconnecting all the time? Is it because I have both PDAnet and the tether hack?

How do I install the modem on my laptop using the tether hack?
    Last edited by Teecee; 01/08/2007 at 10:44 PM.
    i would probably guess that is why. PDANet works very well. I do not know how to use the tether hack. I would get rid of the tether hack and try again. Not sure, but you may need to do a hard reset to get rid of that.
    pdanet works well for me, i prefer proxy mode as it seems to disconnect less.
    i just started using pdanet with my treo 700p and the treo rebooted 2x in the 20 minutes i was using it.. anyone else have this issue?

any ideas?
    PDAnet works great for me though my hotsync cable, but I get the same disconnect problem after 20-30 seconds when my phone is connected via my Seido docking station. No problems hotsyncing, so I know the connection is fine--just odd..
    Yep, you won't need the tether hack. Just get PDAnet and register by purchasing it from the site, and you'll be smooth sailing. It's well worth it! Though I do have the problem of staying connected (as well as seldom connection errors) when I connect via Bluetooth as it seems to disconnect every 30-60 seconds. Instead I connect through the USB Sync cable, and no problems yet! It's also great as you are connected to the internet while charging your phone at the same time. Goodluck
    i never have problems disconnecting. I actually used it once in Atlanta to connect back to my Slingbox on my laptop. worked nice. There might be something else installed that is causing your disconnects.
    I have searched around a bit, and have not found the exact answer I am looking for. I have a 700p, and want to use slingbox on my PC using DUN as well as use dun for remote desktop. The bluetooth on my laptop is basically toast, so I am most interested in a usb connection. From reading the forum I see three possibilities but have questions about each:

1. Tethered hack posted by mmastrac
    Does this allow USB tethering?
    2. Usb Modem
    Can sprint discover DUN with this? Does this work with bluetooth tethering (assuming I can disentangle my bluetooth at some later date)? Does this require or compete with the tethered hack mentioned in (1)?
    3. PdaNet
    Does this work with slingbox and remote desktop? Is it just like any other connection since there is a seperate connection manager with PdaNet? Can sprint discover this since I am using the 700p? From Fafafoooey's post it appears as though slingbox works.

I realize that this information probably exists in various places, but not in a concise way. Since this post is about PdaNet I would be happy to just get (3) answered. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    mn23,I was told that slingbox will work via tether as long as your conect. speed is at least 256,the faster the better.Go to slingbox website theres FAQ s&Forums for help.Bottom line is Sling box does nt care what type connect.,is used,it does care about the resulting speed,on that site you can ck. your speed. indyalex
    Thanks for the help. indyalex. I will check that out. I have had some problems with pdanet in the past using it for remote desktop. After searching through 500+ posts I found some good information for the tethered hack (1) on:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115986

on page 28. I realize that there is a need to keep posts continuous, but some threads seem bloated and unwieldy. It would be nice to have a concise version of this thread. To summarize my findings, I can use both slingbox and remote desktop while tethered via usb by following the instructions on page 28 of the above post. Still don't know about PDANet. but it sounds like slingbox has no problem.
    Not to go back in history but, we talked about this a few weeks ago. There is a problem with pdanet when you use bluetooth. The general consenious was that it is a bluetooth problem and not a pdanet problem. The only time pdanet will stop working is when you get a call or a text message. If you dont answer the call and just hit the ignore button to ignore the call or the ok button when you missed the call , your connection to pdanet will stay in tack. For the text message , if you just hit the ok button your pdanet connection will stay in tact.
    I have not figured out the bluetooth issues yet , but since it works so well with the usb cable I really have not worried about it much. Besides pdanet is much faster when using the usb cable
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    Besides pdanet is much faster when using the usb cable
    This is the cable you use to charge and hotsync the device? You then need to carry that with you, of course, and have power to use it?

I hotsync to my desktop. Is there something that I have to do on my laptop before I can use my 700P with it?
    Last edited by Rogus; 02/05/2007 at 04:20 PM.
    i bought a retractable usb charger on ebay for about 8$ with ship and carry that with me all the time. you do need to instal hotsync on your laptop first, then pdanet - info here
    http://junefabrics.com/palmnet/faq.php#twopc
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i bought a retractable usb charger on ebay for about 8$ with ship and carry that with me all the time. you do need to instal hotsync on your laptop first, then pdanet - info here
    http://junefabrics.com/palmnet/faq.php#twopc
    Thanks for the info, especially the link. That's what I was searching for but couldn't find.
    no problem! also, i had to use the support with junefabrics and they were fantastic!