Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This is just what the doctor ordered... now I can see myself saving a few bucks to buy the slingbox thing.

Man, I just got a ring that Hell froze over again!
    I purchased a Sling AV box a few months ago. Pretty neat stuff. Signed up for the public beta release over this past weekend.
    Seriously awesome...I've been waiting for this for the past 5 months! (as long as I've owned my slingbox...)
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    I purchased a Sling AV box a few months ago. Pretty neat stuff. Signed up for the public beta release over this past weekend.
    How did you sign up for the beta release? Anyone know how well SlingPlayer works on a Windows Treo? Better than Mobi/SprintTV?
    SUH-WEEEEEET~!!!!!

I actually thought it was never ever gonna happen.
    NICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE

prior to this, I've been thinking of WM5.0 ...now theres ABSOLUTELY NO NEED!
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    How did you sign up for the beta release?
    http://www.slingcommunity.com/blog/7...date-12-20-06/
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Does this mean one Slingbox will allow you to play your TV on yoour Windows PC AND Palm Treo or do you have two buy a separate Slingbox for both?
    Probably just have to buy software for both OS's/phones. As far as another sling box ... no. But you can only access the box with one device at a time.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    this is great news. this and logmein.com were the only features I want that WM5 can do.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    looks like a very cool user interface thats spread out with that blue glow.hmmm I must hack the beta pulling those goods into the wm version
    Any Garnet 700p user want to help a WM 700wx user
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    What will the slingbox give me that Orb does not? I have access to cable tv, can record... Mp3's, DVD's, Videos, Photos & Documents... Am I missing something?
    I've seen "Orb" mentioned around here a few times. In a nutshell .. what is it? Hardware? Software? Costs?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Orb is a free software based solution that allows access to ALL media on a selected PC, even a tv card if your pc is so equipped - remotely through a capable phone such as the 700p or another desktop

I sure hope it works better than Orb and Sprint TV. I'm going to hold off until a few try it and report here. With Orb and Sprint TV, there are constant messages of "insufficent bandwidth" along with video freezes and dropouts (despite the settings) I question whether our beloved Treo's have the horsepower to handle it. I hope so 'cuz I'll be buyin' one if they work well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    orb doesn't work with macs though. Sling is in mac public beta and now with the palm .prc I may just go buy a slingbox. Anyone with the slingplayer beta .prc, post it please.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Can't control DirectTv Tivo's with orb.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    orb doesn't work with macs though. Sling is in mac public beta and now with the palm .prc I may just go buy a slingbox. Anyone with the slingplayer beta .prc, post it please.
    Noodle ... is the sling player beta for Palm available yet???? (didn't think it was)

Also ... Orb .... how much does it cost? Are there any monthly fees?

I paid $155 for my Slingbox AV (Amazon) and the Palm version may be $25-30??? A friend of mine paid close too $30 for his Windows Mobile based Cingular phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Also ... Orb .... how much does it cost? Are there any monthly fees?
    Orb is free.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast