Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Alright, this may be the silliest question, covered a million times, but for some reason I can't get the right search combination to get me the right link.

I have used my treo with Palm Desktop since I got it...but I just installed outlook. How do I sync my treo650 so that my contacts go into Outlook?
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Don't know what carrier you're with, but my Sprint Treo 650 came with conduits to sync to outlook. It's a choice when installing the software.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Do you happen to know if I'll need to reinstall completely? Or can I add it on?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    i wrote some CMD files to switch back and forth, but I don't have access to them now since I'm at work. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll them to you when I get home. If you aren't with Sprint, no guarantees, but I'd think the conduits would be the same.

OK, I had copies on the SD card in my Treo. Look for a directory on your CD with the file OutlookSwitcher.exe from that directory at a cmd prompt, type outlookswitcher.exe /outlook to switch to outlook, and outlookswitcher.exe /palm to switch back to palm desktop. I'm not sure what files in that directory are or aren't needed.
    Last edited by qwalls; 01/08/2007 at 02:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    well of course I can't find my disk...so I was thinking about reinstalling...if I do that, and choose outlook...then sync with outlook, it should just take my contacts from the treo and put them into outlook, no?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm2004 View Post
    well of course I can't find my disk...so I was thinking about reinstalling...if I do that, and choose outlook...then sync with outlook, it should just take my contacts from the treo and put them into outlook, no?
    I believe that the Palm Desktop v4.14 that is available for download does NOT have the Outlook conduits. You have to have an install CD.

If you can get hold of one (there may be and ISO you can burn floating around on this forum), you don't need to uninstall and reinstall. Just insert the CD, and poke around the menus - there is an option to switch contacts and calendar sync from Palm Desktop to Outlook.

To sync Versamail to Outlook, change that in the "HotSync >> Custom" dialog box.