1.    #1  
    Hi, is there an application that makes it possible to record streamed music with the 700p?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Just tried it with Call Rec and it will not work.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    bump...that would be awesome if I could record internet audio! There must be a way.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Just a sidenote: I saw a car stereo CD player that can play music from CD's, SD cards, USB drives, and Sirius/XM/iPod. What is interesting is that it can also Record from any of those sources, including FM radio, to any of the formats (including CD). They have this car stereo at Best Buy for under $200 - According to the rep, it is Best Buy's brand. Very interesting.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Just a sidenote: I saw a car stereo CD player that can play music from CD's, SD cards, USB drives, and Sirius/XM/iPod. What is interesting is that it can also Record from any of those sources, including FM radio, to any of the formats (including CD). They have this car stereo at Best Buy for under $200 - According to the rep, it is Best Buy's brand. Very interesting.
    Holy moly. At that price I can stick one in my 10 year old Honda Accord and not feel ridiculous. No more cassette/FM/AM for me? I can use my iPod or SD card full of stuff? I'm off to Best Buy this weekend to check it out.
  6.    #6  
    I'm thinking you can probably use a patch cord between your laptop/Desktop and the treo.

2.5mm output from Treo -> 3.5 mm Line/Mic input of your laptop/desktop (you'll need recording software).

Anyhow, it'd be nicer if you can all do it from your Treo -> Listen and Record!
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Hi, is there an application that makes it possible to record streamed music with the 700p?
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/869-1.htm

If you can hear it, and it has an output jack, the iKey can rip it to .mp3

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    RATS! You had me ready to head out and get one... until the magic words "WorstBuy Brand"... I'm surprised that chain is still in business and haven't gone the way of "The Wiz"... They're an absolutely horrible company - I won't go into it here, but a little Googling on "receipt check" will tell you get you started on just one of their illegal policies.

If anyone knows of a NON-WorstBuy version of this sort of car stereo please let us know. It's sort of on-topic - as I could use a USB-SD adapter to pull off sound and put it on my Treo to play later....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    mOcean.

http://www.motionapps.com/mocean/_treo700p.jsp

"Listening to your favorite Internet Radio shows has never been easier! Simply turn the wheel and select to listen to one of our recommended, popular channels or add your own favorites to the list! Then select to record audio to file to record and save your favorite songs, internet shows or radio news."

Jeff
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I know there is an app for windows called streamripper that will record streaming mp3 but for palm I have never heard of an app. I will look into mocean