Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 105
  1. e2chris's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #61  
    Is the visual quality better due to the 320x320 screen? Anyone know?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Is the visual quality better due to the 320x320 screen? Anyone know?
    I am sure it is.. SlingPlayer on the PC and Mac optimizes the video based on bandwith.. And using my treo to tether I get 430kbps on average (Limited by bluetooth 1.2) Which looks great on a 7 inch by 7 inch picture on my laptop. So I am sure that the small 320x320 display running 400kbps+++ will look crystal clear.

    As for rumors, on the sling forums the moderator says they are on track.
  3. #63  
    It is out and it works great. Downloaded it this morning at 6:00AM

    Bruce
  4. #64  
    Works on Treo650!

    For those with a Treo 650, fear not, it does work! At least on my cdma Treo 650, but I needed to have Kinoma Player installed.


    SlingPlayer download (Current version 0.9.0.7)
    http://us.slingmedia.com/mobile/downloads.html
  5. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #65  
    How does one go about getting a registration key? Or, is that not available yet since it's in beta?
  6. #66  
    Time to Buy a SlingPlayer? Can anyone confirm 700p compatibility?
  7. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Time to Buy a SlingPlayer? Can anyone confirm 700p compatibility?
    I'm using Sling on my 700p and it works great...
  8. #68  
    [QUOTE=opacityzero;1228148]Works on Treo650!

    For those with a Treo 650, fear not, it does work! At least on my cdma Treo 650, but I needed to have Kinoma Player installed.


    Do the 700p and 680 come with Kinoma? My friend with a 680 got Sling working but my 650 on Sprint just went into a reset loop. I don't have Kinoma. I may spring for $25 for Sling or Kinoma but I'm not sure I want to pay $50 for the combo.
  9. #69  
    Do the 700p and 680 come with Kinoma?
    No, but it's not needed. The SlingPlayer works out of the box on both the 700p (the only Palm device officially supported by Sling) and the Treo 680.

    my 650 on Sprint just went into a reset loop
    Not sure about the reset loops you been getting...it's working fine with my 650 (also on sprint). But don't get too excited, the download speed is way too slow...for me, watching more than 5 seconds with a break is a record. Time to upgrade to the 700 with the faster speeds of EVDO.

    The program is still in beta, perhaps they'll fix the connection issue for us 650 owers....for now, having Kinoma is the only solution I found so far.

    When connecting to my slingbox av...I see the following:

    "Locating", then

    "Connecting", then

    "Starting" ....it just stays at "Starting" forever.

    After installing Kinoma, it works!

    btw, I installed Kinoma only because I saw it mentioned literally within the player's prc file.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 03/28/2007 at 03:55 PM.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Time to Buy a SlingPlayer? Can anyone confirm 700p compatibility?
    I meant: is it time to buy a Slingbox rather than SlingPlayer. I posted the above from the treo where I seem to make mistakes all the time and then can't "easily" edit them without changing urls.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I'm using Sling on my 700p and it works great...
    Thanks dlai! I'm starting to get interested again all of a sudden.
  12. #72  
    I just tried it out on my 700p and it's sweeet! I was watching ESPN's Sport Center today during lunch at a noisy restaurant and I couldn't really hear the volume through the speakerphone. Even my co-workers around me were complaining about the volume. So I went into VolumeCare, enabled the volume boost for "SlingPlayer," and voila, it was super loud that the tables around us could hear it!

    So far, I'm loving it. The video quality and frame rate looks great. It's not perfect, but definitely better than I expected. I still need to mess around with the menus and stuff (can't play it with it much 'cause I'm at work).

    One thing I did notice is that I can't change my video input to "Composite," which I have my surveillance camera hooked up to. When I go to video input, the "Composite" option is grayed out, so I can't select it. The only way I can view my surveillance camera on my Treo is to first launch SlingPlayer on my PC, set the video input to "Composite", then turn on the SlingPlayer on my Treo. Anyone else have problems changing their "video inputs"?
  13. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    Is the visual quality better due to the 320x320 screen? Anyone know?
    The quality on my Sprint 700p is amazing. I was able to Sling several of the NCAA games while I was out and about doing other things.

    I tried out a 700wx almost expressly to be able to play with SlingPlayer Mobile and it was the only thing I regretted losing when I decided to return it and keep my 700p. Even without a fullscreen mode, it's able to display the full max resolution of the mobile stream (320x240), and from what I recall, it's much better PQ than the WM version running on the 700wx. Bottom line, I'm happy I stuck with the 700p ... I'm just waiting for the firmware upgrade to make it even better.
  14. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #74  
    Unless I'm missing something, I see we're limited to 18 favorites on the presets. Sure hope they fix that in the next version...
  15. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    The quality on my Sprint 700p is amazing. I was able to Sling several of the NCAA games while I was out and about doing other things.

    I tried out a 700wx almost expressly to be able to play with SlingPlayer Mobile and it was the only thing I regretted losing when I decided to return it and keep my 700p. Even without a fullscreen mode, it's able to display the full max resolution of the mobile stream (320x240), and from what I recall, it's much better PQ than the WM version running on the 700wx. Bottom line, I'm happy I stuck with the 700p ... I'm just waiting for the firmware upgrade to make it even better.
    Hi

    Since MOST of what's broadcast on normal teevee has an aspect ratio of 4:3, (forget about HDTV and 16:9 letterboxed wide-screen movies on a teevee screen for the time being for the sake of argument..) .. the Slingplayer Mobile's video is 320x240 anyway.. if you could remove the window border at the top and control bars at the bottom and go full screen and made the same video stream full screen it'd be vertically stretched.. so that's why there's no full-screen mode.. but there is a letterboxed mode in the player's preferences settings thingie.. not sure what 2001 or Lawrence of Arabia or How the West was Won or other Cinerama ultra / super Panavision movies look like on a 2" screen.. I'll find out the next time TCM runs one..

    Run the Winblows regular desktop / laptop Sling player and grab either the right edge of the video window or the bottom with your mouse pointer and move it in and out and whichever one you grab and move, you'll see the video stream stays in the same aspect ratio, horizontal and vertical, no matter which way you drag it around and re-size it..

    If it didn't, it'd look pretty strange..

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    One thing I did notice is that I can't change my video input to "Composite," which I have my surveillance camera hooked up to. When I go to video input, the "Composite" option is grayed out, so I can't select it. The only way I can view my surveillance camera on my Treo is to first launch SlingPlayer on my PC, set the video input to "Composite", then turn on the SlingPlayer on my Treo. Anyone else have problems changing their "video inputs"?
    It definitely is sweet and works exceptionally well. I've got a TWC DVR and VCR hooked to the Slingbox and switched between them all day without a problem.

    I hope they expand the favorites bars and allow us some customization of the control icons. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet, but I need ones for cursor up/down/select to control the DVR/On Demand menus rather than going thru the Remote control's menus.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  17. #77  
    So....... anyone want to............. share their sling?
  18. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    Maybe I haven't figured it out yet, but I need ones for cursor up/down/select to control the DVR/On Demand menus rather than going thru the Remote control's menus.
    Switch into the "123" keyboard mode (the spacebar is the quick toggle) and you should be able to use the 5-way to cursor up/down/left/right and center button SELECT.
  19. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    the Slingplayer Mobile's video is 320x240 anyway.. if you could remove the window border at the top and control bars at the bottom and go full screen and made the same video stream full screen it'd be vertically stretched.. so that's why there's no full-screen mode..
    Harv
    You're absolutely right. I don't really mean a fully-stretched full screen, just a mode without controls, although if you turn off statistics and go into "123" mode, the controls are very unobtrusive. Still no controls on screen would be even a touch better!
  20. hrlaser's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    So....... anyone want to............. share their sling?
    Heh.. good luck. You know, I hope, or not.. Hell, I don't know if you know it or not.. that if someone gives you their Slingbox' "FinderID" and password so you can play with the Slingplayer Mobile on your 700p using THEIR box, then THEY can't use their own box, since a Slingbox can only have one remote player active at a time.. in other words, if I'm sitting here watching mine on my laptop and then fire up SPM on my 700p and try to start it, it'll tell me the Slingbox is already in use and to shut down the other player first..

    Of course, if someone DID give you access to their box, (hmm.. that sounds nasty doesn't it .. and they wanted to use it themselves while you were using it, they could use their "admin" password and kick you off ..

    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions