Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ok, got it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    A video of an early beta ... looks like it was shot at CES. It was posted by the Sling guys so maybe that's a sign that the public beta is approaching.

treo/kinoma friendly link

not really interested, because orb/kinoma works good for me, but I hope the final GUI version mirrors the wm5 verion... because the wm gui looks sweet..
    HTC Touch Pro
    Anyone in the beta? I haven't heard one way or the other from Sling...
    Woot, I'm in! Haven't perused their privacy policy yet for beta testers, but let me just say it appears to work great on palm OS!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmlevasseur View Post
    Woot, I'm in! Haven't perused their privacy policy yet for beta testers, but let me just say it appears to work great on palm OS!
    dang lucky.

post the prc!
    Lol, now I'm sure that would violate a few rules
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Hmmm, is no one else in the beta? or are you the only one NOT to have read the privacy policy?
    I just upgraded my Slingbox Classic to the Pro version! I love the multiple A/V inputs. I got my Cable TV and surveillance cameras hooked up to it. It's sweet to watch TV and watch my house while I'm at work. But I would love to do the same thing while I'm not working. So all you beta testers and Sling guys... hurry up and find/fix all the bugs already!
    TR, would you mind describing you surveillance system? I'd like to set something like this up. I assume you use wireless cameras of some sort? Do they connect to the slingbox or the router?
    TR, would you mind describing you surveillance system? I'd like to set something like this up. I assume you use wireless cameras of some sort? Do they connect to the slingbox or the router?
    I actually use a wired surveillance camera (this surveillance camera to be exact) which a 50 ft AV cable is connected to. I currently have it setup outside. The AV cables are connected to a wireless AV transmitter, which I have one setup in the garage. And the other transmitter is in my room, which has AV cables connected to my Slingbox.

So that's pretty much my setup. From the SlingPlayer, I can toggle between the various AV input.
    What's the range on the transmitter? I have a detached garage where I keep all my tools. I'd like to have a camera on the garage door. The slingbox is in my basement. I'd say line of sight is probably 150 feet, but has to go through doors, walls, and maybe some concrete.
    From the link I sent you, the "technical details" says it can transmit up to 150 ft through walls, doors, floors, and ceilings. My setup is half that range, so I can't really confirm how accurate those specs are.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I've been hearing talk about this thing for MONTHS now. Beta version coming out several months ago...and STILL I do NOT see it available for the public. I heard at the end of the 1st quarter...OK, I guess it will be available in a couple of weeks?

I'm still wondering what's the hold up. Yea..yea..yea...I know there's a lot of testing going on, BUT COME ON! Why get us all excited about this thing OVER A YEAR AGO?

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Not sure which version you are referring to, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $PalmOS$ $was$ $announced$ $in$ $early$ $Jan$ $07$ $at$ $CES$. $They$ $said$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $released$ $by$ $e$/$o$ $1Q07$ $and$ $the$ $blog$ $keeps$ $saying$ $they$ $are$ $on$ $track$. $That$ $said$, $I$'$m$ $anxious$ $to$ $get$ $at$ $it$ $too$.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Keep the faith fellas. Its lookin good.
    Anyone here actually ever get the slingplayer beta? I know many of us have signed up.

Anyone? Anyone?
    I applied but have heard nothing back... I assume it will be out soon in the next week or so since on sling community they are on beta tester wave 2 and after that public beta should be out, they have also created a PalmOS section on the forums.
    Sling media is promising public beta by the end of the month. It will be great if the WM version is any indication. I have a Box already.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Any new rumors floating around out there about a final release date for a public beta?
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast