Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Im using pTunes Basic 3.1.8. Are there any skins or hacks out there that allow you to select songs from one or more categories other than the three provided as standard (i.e Album, Artist, Genre)? Or does pTunes Deluxe allow this perhaps?

What I want basically is a Favourites Playlist in pTunes which automatically pulls out songs which I have designated as having a high rating in the program I use on the PC, ie iTunes. iTunes has a 1-5 star Rating system, which lets me easily set up a playlist of my combined favourites from any or all of my albums, without of course having two copies of each song.

I could go through the albums on the Palm individually I know, and add songs one by one to a Favourites playlist, but Im always looking for ways to minimise keyboard/stylus use.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    It think these categories are based on the tags given to the mp3. You can see these in Windows media play. It shows the artist, album, etc. You could probably edit the tags of the songs you want. I see that in Windows Media player, you can add or edit the rating. It is left unrated by default. You might try rating a song, then adding it to your Treo and seeing if the rating shows up in Pockettunes, like the artist and album.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It think these categories are based on the tags given to the mp3. You can see these in Windows media play. It shows the artist, album, etc. You could probably edit the tags of the songs you want. I see that in Windows Media player, you can add or edit the rating. It is left unrated by default. You might try rating a song, then adding it to your Treo and seeing if the rating shows up in Pockettunes, like the artist and album.
    Thanks for those suggestions, gapost. I had tried this in iTunes already, and none of the tags I had revised transferred across, apart from Artist, Album, Genre. I just tried this with Windows Media Player, adding something to every tag I could find, and again no luck. Im no expert user of WMP though, and I find it such a painfully non-intuitive interface compared to iTunes, so I could possibly be doing something wrong.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    It could be that PocketTunes will only pick up certain tags. However, you could use one of the tags like genre and name your favorite songs favorites under genre. Do this in media player by selecting that tag and Edit.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    It could be that PocketTunes will only pick up certain tags. However, you could use one of the tags like genre and name your favorite songs favorites under genre. Do this in media player by selecting that tag and Edit.
    Indeed, but for me each of the 3 current inbuilt categories (album, artist, genre) is even more useful than rating!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.