1.    #1  
    OK, I'm sure that if I read through a hundred different threads, I can piece together the answer to my question, but I want the basic, dumbed down answer. What's with the 680 and the 750 coming out basically at the same time? What are the differences? What demographic is one targeted at vs the other one?

I liked it better when all you did you was use your 600 til the 650 came out. Then used your 650 til the 700 came out. Now everything's all willy nilly and I can't figure out what's going on! I want to upgrade, and am due one, but I don't know which phone is best for me, or best period!

Thanks folks!!
    680 is for Palm OS, GSM carrier (GPRS/EDGE) Quad Band GSM and the 750 is for Windows OS - WM5, GSM carrier, Quad Band GSM with UMTS Tri-band support. The 750 targeted for business users and those users favoring Windows OS over Palm OS.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/08/2007 at 01:41 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    680 is for Palm OS, GSM carrier (GPRS/EDGE) Quad Band GSM and the 750 is for Windows OS - WM5, GSM carrier, Quad Band GSM with UMTS Tri-band support. The 750 targeted for business users and those users favoring Windows OS over Palm OS.
    Thanks Ronbo. I actually kind of came to that conclusion myself after reading some reviews. I guess I need to figure out if, from my 650, I want to stick with the Palm platform or go Windows....

Decisions, decisions......
    Another difference is screen estate: 680 has 320x320 whereas 750 only has 240x240
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    biggest difference - poor schmucks like me can AFFORD the 680!
  6.    #6  
    Makes sense bruckwine. So here's my question....if I can get a free 680 by switching to Cingular (which I actually would LIKE to do), is the difference in the 650 and the 680 really worth all the trouble of doing it? Are the improvements THAT nifty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    OK, I'm sure that if I read through a hundred different threads, I can piece together the answer to my question, but I want the basic, dumbed down answer. ...
    Next person will have to search through 101 different threads :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    ... I want to upgrade, and am due one, but I don't know which phone is best for me, or best period!
    The 680 is really not an "upgrade" from the 650. Some things are better but some things are lesser. It has a smaller battery, and more memory. Other than that, it's basically equivalent.

The 750v gives you a faster internet connection, but there is very little "coverage" at the present moment for this faster connection. You'll need to replace any PalmOS programs you have with Windows equivalents. The screen resolution of the 750v is 2/3's of that of the 650/680, but I don't thin that bothers people who just want the dumbed down answers.

Since you are "due" this upgrade, since the 680 is not really an "upgrade", and you seem like you are itching to spend some money, I think it's time you go for the 750v. Palm and Cingular will thank you!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    i find the 680 to be much faster in loading applications and data (e.g. my 5-years worth of appointments). i think this is because the 650 only had 16MB of RAM whereas the 680 has a faster chip as well as a whopping 64MB of RAM.

upgrade worth it!

p.s. plus my 650 was really showing its age - scratches, keybaord beginning to stick, antenna wobbly, etc.