Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I am using the trial version of Agendus and so far I like it a bit better than Datebk with the exception of it being a bit slow at times. I also downloaded the trial of Agendus for Windows Outlook Edition and this really seems to make Outlook (2000) much more flexible and usable and makes Agendus on the Treo even more effective.

Anyone using this combination? Any issues I should watch for like HotSync problems?

Thanks
    Hows agendus working for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    ... I also downloaded the trial of Agendus for Windows Outlook Edition...

Anyone using this combination? Any issues I should watch for like HotSync problems?
    I'm using Agendus Premier 11 and Agendus for Windows (but the one that works with Palm Desktop rather than the one that works with Outlook. I don't have outlook installed on my computer.) Agendus for Windows works great for me, so hopefully the same can be said for the outlook version.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Hi,

I use them both, and work in tech support for iambic! The combo is indeed fantastic. I strongly recommend going with Chapura's PocketMirror for your Outlook conduits (rather than the built-in, stripped down version of Chapura's conduits that Palm provides). Much more options, flexibility and reliability in PM Standard and much, much more in pro if you need it.

Speed issues? Purge older meetings and completed tasks. Keep notes to just that, notes and not books. Put an end date on repeating meetings to no more than two years out. I purge my completed tasks daily. If how you work requires that you keep them around for reference, be reasonable about how much historical data you really need. Hope these help!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Hi,

I use them both, and work in tech support for iambic! The combo is indeed fantastic. I strongly recommend going with Chapura's PocketMirror for your Outlook conduits (rather than the built-in, stripped down version of Chapura's conduits that Palm provides). Much more options, flexibility and reliability in PM Standard and much, much more in pro if you need it.

Speed issues? Purge older meetings and completed tasks. Keep notes to just that, notes and not books. Put an end date on repeating meetings to no more than two years out. I purge my completed tasks daily. If how you work requires that you keep them around for reference, be reasonable about how much historical data you really need. Hope these help!
    So far, I seem to be getting some duplicate tasks when I HotSync. Would Pocket Mirror fix this?What do the other options in PocketMirror allow you to do?

Regarding speed, I have purged all but a couple months of meetings and all completed tasks but Agendus still seems slow. This is relative to Datebk4/5/6 which I have used for many years.

One problem I did have with Agendus was my Treo 650 reset every time Agendus launched after I changed an alarm sound to a ringer I had downloaded. I had to use Datebk6 to edit the alarm sound back to one of the built-ins. A couple of previous trys with Agendus left me feeling that the app was considerably more "sensitive" and prone to resets than Datebk. Agendus has enough extras relative to tasks and contacts that I wanted to give it another try.

So far, I really like the combo of handheld and Outlook add-in. As long as it is stable, I'll probably be a convert.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    OK...getting lots of duplicates now on both my T650 and in Outlook. A quick look at the Iambic forums indicates that my problem is not unique. Anyone know how soon there might be a fix?
    Nothing but problems when I sync. Disappearing icons and meetings. Meetings missing or duplicated. Contacts duplicated. Hours spent reentering and checking data.

Looking on the Agendus boards is no use. It seems as if all the sync problems go unanswered.

If I have to get Chapura's PocketMirror as suggested I will if I know it will work.

By itself Agendus is a great product, but it looks like my money was wasted on Agendus for Outllok.

driveral
    In Outlook, go to File -> Data File Management

You should have one entry per Windows User ID. If you have more entries than Users, you should explore the "Tell Me More" area. If you only have one entry or you know which one is yours (the one you want to perform maintenance on) proceed:

Select "Open Folder"

Ideally, you want to see only four entries:

extend
    extend.dat
    Outlook
    Outlook.pst

If you have a bunch of sequentially numbered files, i.e. extend.dat.000, extend.dat.001, Outlook.pst.000, Outlook.pst.001, etc., if the dates of these files are old, delete them.

Once you are down to the above four files, close this window and select "Settings"

Click on "Compact Now"

Click "OK" and "Close"

Also check for more than one .pst file.

The standard location if not changed is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\...your Window Logon...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

If you can't find it, do a SEARCH using "All files and folders " on your drive for *.PST

If you find more than one .pst file, you must decide which one to rename/delete. Usually size and date of the file are helpful in deciding (larger and newer being best). You should rename the one you decide not to go with to something like "Outlook.old." Keep it until you are over this problem and then you can safely delete it.

Unless you're a seasoned Windows tweaker, you'd be best servered to go with only one .pst file, in the directory mentioned above, and named Outlook.pst (that's the default name Outlook looks for first).

When you have that file in the above directory folder and no other .pst files, launch Outlook again and see if the duplicate issue is resolved.

If not, you can try the Outlook detect and repair tool and see if that works. Let us know if this does not resolve your issue.

I have been running Agendus Pro (and now Premier) and AGWOE for years. I even use Agendus for Windows Palm Desktop on my work PC (due to GroupWise email), so I sync AGP to AGWOE at home and AGP to AGWPD at work and very seldom have a sync glitch, and when I do it's usually my fault.

If after doing all the above you still have syncing issues, it's likely caused by corruption in one or more database records: CalendarDB-PDat, ContactsDB-PAdd, MemoDB-PMem, TasksDB-PTod (DatebookDB, AddressDB, MemoDB, ToDoDB for older devices). Good luck!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Wellsjs,

OK. When I’m in Outlook I go to File-Open-Outlook Data File

Check show all files at the bottom this is what I see

archive.net
    extend. dat
    mailbox.PAB
    Outlook.pst
    Outlookimap.everyone.net00000012.pst

Good? No Good?

Where do I find "settings" so I can do the compact now thing if necessary?

Also how can I fix the problem of a no time appointment that I set to repeat every day for 14 days turning itself into one big 14 day appointment. When that happens I loose the individual icons that I have set for every day. The only icon that can be seen is one on the first day of the 14 day period.

Thanks so much for your help.

BTW my 14 one day appointments only get changed in Agendus for Outllok. My Treo doesn't get changed. If I try setting the handheld to overwrite the desktop it won't fix things.

driveral
    Last edited by driveral; 01/09/2007 at 05:58 PM.
    Are you currently using an IMAP account? I'm not knowledgable on IMAP as I've never used or had an IMAP account. But I'd guess your "imap" pst file is what is causing your the problems.

Also give this a try:
    The Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) is designed to help repair problems that are associated with personal folder (.pst) files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227/en-us

To run the Inbox Repair Tool, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then point to Find or to Search, depending upon your operating system.
    2. In the Search for files or folders named box, type scanpst.exe
    3. Double click the Scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
    4. Type the path and the file name of the personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system.
    5. Click Start.

Also try running Outlook's "Detect and Repair" from the Help drop down menu.

Are your using Agendus or Outlook data/entry edit dialogs? (in Outlook -> Preferences -> General -> Misc. I'd uncheck and not use Outlook dialogs. Then I would delete the 14 one-day untimed events in both Agendus and AGWOE. Then create the same using Outlook and hotsync them to the handheld. Hopefully that will work.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    wellsjs,

Thanks for your help!.

Based on your suggeestions, I don't seem to have anything unusual in my setup. Only 1 pst file I have already run Scanpst and found no errors. I'll try repairing and/or uninstalling and re-installing Outlook. BTW I am using Outlook 2000. Any known issues there?

Thanks again.
    Outlook 2000 is supported. Make sure you visit MS Office and have ALL the updates.