Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    So I'm tired of pulling my hair out with Palms' mail programs and their infinite variety of error messages. So I downloaded Chattermail, and configured it for my Gmail acct. exactly as CM and Gmail specify. And it sends mail just great!

Receiving? Nada. Not on schedule, not on QuickSync, not on nothing.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Also, does anyone have experience with the push email from emailtreo.com? I'm trying to register for the free account from my 680, and of course that isn't working, either...
    Last edited by ohbw; 01/07/2007 at 01:36 PM.
    Brian
    so...did you log into gmail.com and change the settings to turn on POP3?
    set a schedule to sync every xx minutes.
    option edit mailbox.

what carrier are you on?
    do you have the internet plan?

sorry...its hard to trouble shoot without looking to the beginning...

I guess you can send, just not receive? I was having issues with gmail not downloading sometimes..so i turned off pop3 and then turned it back on (after logging out of gmail) then it worked again.
    also check the security setting on the chatter side on your phone....SSL security maybe??
    for gmail, it should be set on TLS I THINK.
    and i think its port 995 or something like that.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    so...did you log into gmail.com and change the settings to turn on POP3?
    set a schedule to sync every xx minutes.
    option edit mailbox.

what carrier are you on?
    do you have the internet plan?

sorry...its hard to trouble shoot without looking to the beginning...

I guess you can send, just not receive? I was having issues with gmail not downloading sometimes..so i turned off pop3 and then turned it back on (after logging out of gmail) then it worked again.
    I use cingular and have 3 gmail accounts using chatter. What you said is exactly right. You have to make sure your pop3 settings is on in gmail. Sometimes you have to change from "from mail delivered starting today" but otherwise you shouldn't have to change anything on Chatter end
    yeah for some reason mine stopped downloading so i went in and turned pop off, logged out.

then went back to gmail.com and turned it back on, it "reset" it and it is working.

Hopefully the OP will get theirs too work!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Mark at Chattermail doesn't have a very high opinion of Gmail's POP3 service. I tinkered with this for hours and finally got a message or two through, but it was inconsistent. Then I opened a free emailtreo.com push account, and it works perfectly and very fast. I think I'll be making use of it.
    Brian
    Are you forwarding your gmail to the emailtreo account? Tell us more about the new email.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    You can forward any POP email account to an emailtreo.com account and it will push it to your Treo. I'm getting out of bed with Google altogether, myself. I had a gmail account just stop working last year, and was never able to get anything but an automated email response from them. Now the flakiness with this account -- first it doesn't work at all, then it works intermittently, then it forwards some emails but none of the attachments. Let them eat cake, the data mining dogs. Clusty makes a better search engine and I could design a better email system using an Etch-a-Sketch and a busted crayon.

Emailtreo.com not only pushes to your Treo, but can be picked up by your computer like any other account and also read as webmail from anywhere. Why have seven addresses? Why patronize people who make junk? I'm not driving a GM car anymore.

Everyone.net is the engine behind emailtreo.com, and they've been around forever. Laptop magazine admires what they built together. Here's the review.
    Brian
    Have you considering asking for help at the official ChatterMail support site?

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    Does anybody know how you can "turn on" POP3 at gmail? My wife uses that and I also have to monkey around with Chatter for her account. It seemed to me that unless you paid extra, you could not get POP3 at gmail. Or maybe that was just forwarding(???).
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhett View Post
    Have you considering asking for help at the official ChatterMail support site?

http://www.chatteremail.com/
    It was taking a while to get account opened there so I could post on the forum, and I knew there were a lot of chattermail users here, so I posted here.
    Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Does anybody know how you can "turn on" POP3 at gmail? My wife uses that and I also have to monkey around with Chatter for her account. It seemed to me that unless you paid extra, you could not get POP3 at gmail. Or maybe that was just forwarding(???).

Wrong on both counts, you might be thinking of Yahoo

In Gmail, go to Settings->Forwarding and Pop and you can set it there.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."