1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about getting a Vaja case, but before I do I would like to know the answer to two of my major concerns keeping me form placing an order.

1. I have a Palm cradle charger. Can I charge my phone in the cradle with the Vaja case on?

2. How thick is the case material? I know the case dimensions but I can't seem to find how thick the material is on say the back side of the case.

Thank you
    Lilcow
    It will not fit the Palm cradle.

It is a bit on the thick side, because it tries to protect the Treo against drops. I don't have the actual dimensions.
    Siedio makes an Innodock cradle for the Vaja case:

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=635
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Siedio makes an Innodock cradle for the Vaja case:

http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=635
    That charger is for the 650/700w/700p series. There are differences between the those Vaja cases and the 680 Vaja case. I have the T66 for the 650 (which has the flap that goes over the front) and the 680 is a very loose fit inside that case. So I would check with Siedio whether the 680 case would fit.

for you guys that use the vaja case... do you like it better in the case than without a case? do the rails of the case right along the screen get in the way of seeing whats on the screen? how is typing with the case on? the leather doesnt get in the way?

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob View Post
    for you guys that use the vaja case... do you like it better in the case than without a case? do the rails of the case right along the screen get in the way of seeing whats on the screen? how is typing with the case on? the leather doesnt get in the way?

Thanks.

Although the 680 feels really nice without the case, because of its smaller size than the 650, I still like the feel with the Vaja case on. It's obviously going to be a little bulkier with the case than without, but the leather is so high quality that it feels nice and it feels secure in your hand with the case on (not slippery). The case does not get in the way of any of the functions on the keyboard nor does it obstruct the screen in any way. You have access to all of the side buttons and the top, as well. Only the SD card door is covered -- you have to remove the case to get to that.
    Although the 680 feels really nice without the case, because of its smaller size than the 650, I still like the feel with the Vaja case on. It's obviously going to be a little bulkier with the case than without, but the leather is so high quality that it feels nice and it feels secure in your hand with the case on (not slippery). The case does not get in the way of any of the functions on the keyboard nor does it obstruct the screen in any way. You have access to all of the side buttons and the top, as well. Only the SD card door is covered -- you have to remove the case to get to that.
    i just wonder how much more bulky it'll make it when putting it in my pocket. i usually carry my phone in my front pocket all the time.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    i just wonder how much more bulky it'll make it when putting it in my pocket. i usually carry my phone in my front pocket all the time.
    My guess, looking at the 680 with and without the case, is that it adds maybe 1/4 inch or a little less total to the 680 dimensions. I believe the case itself as about 1/8 thick. Hope that helps.
    My guess, looking at the 680 with and without the case, is that it adds maybe 1/4 inch or a little less total to the 680 dimensions. I believe the case itself as about 1/8 thick. Hope that helps.
    I think I may go out and get one and see.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I love the black 680 Vaja .I bought it at the Palm store at the GROVE in LA.. I also added a swivel pouch by fonegear..Since the new vaja case is so sleek, you can use a beltpouch, for easy quick grab of the 680..The vaja case definitely takes away the bland look of the 680..
    Quote Originally Posted by lrfhfs54 View Post
    I love the black 680 Vaja .I bought it at the Palm store at the GROVE in LA.. I also added a swivel pouch by fonegear..Since the new vaja case is so sleek, you can use a beltpouch, for easy quick grab of the 680..The vaja case definitely takes away the bland look of the 680..
    Have you put the Treo with the Vaja case on it in your pocket? If so, does it add that much more bulk? Is it still comfortable to carry in-pocket with the case on it?

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone

Depends on the size of you front pocket.

Seriously, the Vaja will add increase the thickness about 1/3 of the size. It can still be carried, but only if you get the one without the belt clip on it. The post for the clip really sticks out and would not be able to be put in a front pocket comfortably. I have one for the 650 that also has a flap that covers the front as well.

FWIW, I emailed Vaja and asked about a case with the flip front for the 680, and they replied that is was not in their plans right now.

would you be willing to post a few pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by lrfhfs54 View Post
    So the Treo 680 Vaja case fits in a leather pouch / holster like the Seidio horizontal case or Palm's leather side case?
    I like this case and am torn between getting this case or a skin case for my treo 680.

The reason i want a skin case is because the 5-way selector on my 650 ended up looking like a sick puppy when the stainless steel coating wore off. So I think a skin case can solve that problem.

What I would really like to do is take a skinned Treo and slip it into this Vaja case. Any thoughts on whether that would be possible?

Thanks!
    That's what I was thinking as well. If not a full skin case, then just the part from Palm's Flexi-Skin that covers the keyboard, and 5-way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MapaMan View Post
    I like this case and am torn between getting this case or a skin case for my treo 680.

The reason i want a skin case is because the 5-way selector on my 650 ended up looking like a sick puppy when the stainless steel coating wore off. So I think a skin case can solve that problem.

What I would really like to do is take a skinned Treo and slip it into this Vaja case. Any thoughts on whether that would be possible?

Thanks!
    I have a custom Vaja iVolution case for my 680 and it's VERY tight, which is a good thing -- since the top is open, my 680 doesn't fall out if my swivel clip happens to turn updside-down while I'm walking. I have to push from the opening in the bottom and pull from the top to get the 680 out of the case (this, incidentially, is how Vaja recommends you do it -- but I don't see how it could be done any other way). It definitely takes 2 hands to get the Treo out of the case. I can't see how you could fit a skin case inside of it and if you tried, I think you might even warp it -- that's a lot of money to spend to take the chance on warping it.
    I have an extra Black one-Brand new still in packaging.
    Email me if interested and we'll work something out.
    robertnobleman@mac.com